CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 03-28-2005, 08:12 PM   #1
Greg Kemp

Profile:
have your PE classes do any CrossFit workouts? Is you PE class an elective or advance class or is it a general class?

Reason I am asking I am going to do a 3 week unit where I do a bunch with power bands, but am going to do a modified CrossFit workout (so I don't kill the lovely boys and girls) I incorporate core training with some strenth and endurance aspects.
Old 03-28-2005, 10:33 PM   #2
Mike Burgener

Profile:
my kids do crossfit workouts all the time. i put all the ladies names on the board...while the othe pe classes are walking...we are doing the oly lifts and CROSSFIT!! my pe class is elective...my advance class is elective. in my humble opinion....KILL THE LOVELY BOYS AND GIRLS!!!! this is the old school...you want to baby them??? or make them young men and women???? i choose to make them young women and young men and hard core!!!!!
Old 03-29-2005, 07:39 AM   #3
Greg Kemp

Profile:
That is great. Thanks for the info. My next 3 week unit is CrossFit! I can't wait to see how fast our VP will call me in when the kids parents call because they are sore.
Old 03-29-2005, 07:50 AM   #4
Rob deFreese

Profile:

Amen Coach Burgener. Our society is far too often tending to baby the "lovely boys and girls."

Thank you for choosing not to. Your students will be far stronger adults as a result.
Old 03-29-2005, 08:41 AM   #5
Ron Nelson

Profile:
Greg,
You'll be surprised at how many love the workouts. My CC team took to them like fish to water. They now go around the school doing double-unders with the jump ropes and ask when we're going to workout next.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:41 PM   #6
Greg Kemp

Profile:
If it is my Football Players it is not a problem, I tourture them enough everyday. As for my regular 9th grade PE classes it is a different deal. I have to break them in a bit an then they will start to adapt. Mike's PE classes are an elective so many of the kids know what they are getting into (or so they think). I want them to be come excited about training and fitness, not scare them away for ever. I think there is a fine line I will walk with my regular classes, which I can guantee they will complain, but I hope to turn them on to fitness.
Old 03-29-2005, 06:32 PM   #7
Ron Nelson

Profile:
Greg,
I posted this over at the Community section, but are you at Esparanza?
I'm in downtown Anaheim. Send me an e-mail as I'd love to get to the weight room up there and do some oly lifting where I can "miss."