CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 02-12-2014, 08:05 AM   #61
Ryan Cogan

Profile:
Re: Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Chesser View Post
After this past week seeing him firsthand I think a HUGE sleeper in the Central East is a guy named Lawrence Belas. Strong as hell and has a great motor. Im definitely gonna be watching him.
Tough region to make a move in. The vets there have lots of experience. Love to see newbie make it in that region though. That would be incredible.
Old 02-15-2014, 03:18 PM   #62
Vic McQuaide

Profile:

I think more of the same although would love someone to come in and whoop everyone. Don't think that its going to happen. I think that its Rich's to win unless most every wood is swimming. Jason, Josh, Ben... who knows what is going to happen with Dan coming out of the So Cal.

Girls if Annie is healthy then she will give Sam a run also Julie will give it a go. Fisher would be cool to see her do well being so young.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:30 AM   #63
Robbie Cuthbert

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason A Smith View Post
That it is extremely hard on your body to maintain the volume necessary to compete at a high level for a long period of time. So far Rich, Jason Khalipa, and a handful of others have been able to maintain a top ten position in the past four years.

Just an observation
Only reason they can handle the amount of volume they are doing in training is due to the steriods they are on.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:32 AM   #64
Jeff Enge

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie Cuthbert View Post
Only reason they can handle the amount of volume they are doing in training is due to the steriods they are on.
Was this really necessary? There are plenty of threads on PED speculation in CrossFit and sports in general that you can find to comment on. Don't be "that guy."
Old 02-20-2014, 01:06 AM   #65
Mario Beltran

Profile:

To be honest, who cares if someone isn't clean. If they want to cheat they cheat. It's absolutely impossible to control every athlete every day, they don't even know who will be there at Regionals, until the qualified athletes register. Nobody dopes during the event itself, you do that during training. Even organisations like the WADA or the USADA, that know all the athletes and their locations at every time, don't have the possibility. There sure are a lot of substances that aren't even known to them. Others only can be tracked for a really short period of time. I guess you get the point. By the way, steroids are so 80s. Who is that stupid nowadays? The russian guys work with hormons that manipulate the DNA, that is creative!

My predictions:
Annie, Julie, Sam, Lindsey, Talayna

Rich, Ben, Josh, Hendren, Fisher

Not necessarily in that order.

What I would wish:
Mikko Salo, Lucas Parker and Pat Barber doing well at the games.
Old 02-20-2014, 10:20 AM   #66
Cody Harding

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Beltran View Post
To be honest, who cares if someone isn't clean. If they want to cheat they cheat. It's absolutely impossible to control every athlete every day, they don't even know who will be there at Regionals, until the qualified athletes register. Nobody dopes during the event itself, you do that during training. Even organisations like the WADA or the USADA, that know all the athletes and their locations at every time, don't have the possibility. There sure are a lot of substances that aren't even known to them. Others only can be tracked for a really short period of time. I guess you get the point. By the way, steroids are so 80s. Who is that stupid nowadays? The russian guys work with hormons that manipulate the DNA, that is creative!

My predictions:
Annie, Julie, Sam, Lindsey, Talayna

Rich, Ben, Josh, Hendren, Fisher

Not necessarily in that order.

What I would wish:
Mikko Salo, Lucas Parker and Pat Barber doing well at the games.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:52 PM   #67
Jim Denofa

Profile:

1. Mikko
2. Ben Smith
3. Froning

1. Briggs
2. Annie
3. Julie

People have been sleeping on Mikko for the last few years. This is the year guys.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:14 PM   #68
Oli Kellett

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Denofa View Post
1. Mikko
2. Ben Smith
3. Froning

1. Briggs
2. Annie
3. Julie

People have been sleeping on Mikko for the last few years. This is the year guys.
As much as Mikko is an awesome competitor, and a fan favourite, he won't get a podium finish.

Froning, Fisher, Smith, Kahlipa and Bridges. Those 5 will be up the top, although I am not sure what order.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:57 PM   #69
Chuck Golden

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli Kellett View Post
As much as Mikko is an awesome competitor, and a fan favourite, he won't get a podium finish.

Froning, Fisher, Smith, Kahlipa and Bridges. Those 5 will be up the top, although I am not sure what order.
If we're naming top 5 competitors then Panchik is definitely in my top five. He's placed 4th two years in a row and still just 26.