CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2014, 04:14 PM   #11
Tate Dimech
Member Tate Dimech is offline
 
Tate Dimech's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Sydney  Australia
Posts: 217
Re: Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody Harding View Post
This thread is here for all to discuss, debate and predict who they think will crush the open, tear up the regional and eventually win the games.

For me my predictions are slightly biased based upon personal feelings... If I were a smart man I would put money on

Women:
1) Briggs
2) Thorsdottir
3) Valenzuela

Men:
1) Froning
2) Khalipa
3) Smith

But I have always been emotionally attached to certain athletes based on their demeanour, attitude, and positivity (taking nothing away from my "smart" predictions)

Women:
1) Sidell (after last years performance in the open..... She is a BEAST!!!! And will be hungry as heck this year)
2) Jones (something about her, killer)
3) Wall (the background makes her an underdog lovers favourite)

Men:
1) Salo (the reason I started crossfit, the epitome of Heart and mental strength..... Hopefully the body can hold up.... If he decides to compete)
2) Parker (fellow Canadian. Just a down to earth guy. Beard.
3) Spealler/Grundler (not underdogs. Just genuinely good people you want to see do well - not to take away from all the other great crossfitters)
Women: Julie Foucher

Men: Scott Panchik

I like underdogs haha
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:22 PM   #12
Koa Meador-Levy
Member Koa Meador-Levy is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Kailua  HI
Posts: 59
Re: Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Railsback View Post
Klokov wouldn't have a prayer. His chances would be as good as a world champion distance runner.
Quotes like that make me laugh. An olympic athlete who has the best training and resources his home country can provide to him, who has been to the olympics for weight lifting doesnt have a prayer? His conditioning may not be on par with someone like dan bailey or jason khalipa, however neither of those two or any top level "crossfit athlete" could lift at 75% of someone like Klokov's daily training numbers.
__________________
"Many want to wear the beret, few want to carry the rucksack."
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:06 PM   #13
Jeff Enge
Banned Jeff Enge is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Collinsville  IL
Posts: 5,542
Re: Predictions

I'm pretty sure it's a moot point because I doubt he even does it. That's a long period of time out of a training cycle for somebody that has aspirations of an Olympic gold medal.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:12 PM   #14
Jeff Railsback
Member Jeff Railsback is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver  Wa
Posts: 297
Re: Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koa Meador-Levy View Post
Quotes like that make me laugh. An olympic athlete who has the best training and resources his home country can provide to him, who has been to the olympics for weight lifting doesnt have a prayer? His conditioning may not be on par with someone like dan bailey or jason khalipa, however neither of those two or any top level "crossfit athlete" could lift at 75% of someone like Klokov's daily training numbers.
Well, laught away then. What events do you think he would have done well in last years games? Swim/bar muscle ups? Zig zag sprint? Naughty nancy? Leg less rope climb?

He would have won (100 points)the C&J ladder, but second place in that event (no matter how much they lifted) got 95 points.

He is an amazing weightlifter, but the Crossfit games is much more than weight lifting.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:19 AM   #15
Brad Gerbrandt
Affiliate Brad Gerbrandt is offline
 
Brad Gerbrandt's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Winnipeg  MB
Posts: 361
Re: Predictions

I have a feeling that, like last year, a lot of predictions will be way off. The sport is still so young that I wouldn't be surprised we will see plenty of unexpected faces in the top 5-10. Remember cheering for Matt Chan, Clever, CLB, Mikko... last year? They weren't even in contention for the podium. My prediction is that, of the predictions listed above, there will be plenty that won't make it to the games.

My thoughts on who I think will be on the podium (or at least, who I want to see)

Rory Z
Jen J
Sidell??
Pichelli

Froning
Smith
Albert DL
Kyle K

But again, I wouldn't be surprised if a few of those don't even make it to Carson.
__________________
www.prairiecrossfit.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:54 AM   #16
Cody Harding
Member Cody Harding is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Milton  Ontario
Posts: 15
Re: Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Gerbrandt View Post
I have a feeling that, like last year, a lot of predictions will be way off. The sport is still so young that I wouldn't be surprised we will see plenty of unexpected faces in the top 5-10. Remember cheering for Matt Chan, Clever, CLB, Mikko... last year? They weren't even in contention for the podium. My prediction is that, of the predictions listed above, there will be plenty that won't make it to the games.

My thoughts on who I think will be on the podium (or at least, who I want to see)

Rory Z
Jen J
Sidell??
Pichelli

Froning
Smith
Albert DL
Kyle K

But again, I wouldn't be surprised if a few of those don't even make it to Carson.
You never know in this sport… So many variables, so many dark horses…
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:57 AM   #17
Jon Campbell
Member Jon Campbell is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Henderson  KY
Posts: 443
Re: Predictions

Female
Sidell
Briggs
Annie

Male
Froning
Smith
Panchik
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:49 AM   #18
Jason A Smith
Member Jason A Smith is offline
 
Jason A Smith's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Brandon  MB Canada
Posts: 2,659
Re: Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Railsback View Post
Haven't seen much about Annie. How is her recovery going from the back injury last year?

I think Fisher will be up there. I think he would have gotten 3rd last year if they had used the same scoring system that they used in previous years.
Annie is all over IG and Youtube with her lifting and training. She look sto be doing just fine.

My predictions for this year:

Men: Marcus Hendren, I will still pull for Khalipa too. Pretty much want to see if someone can knock off Rich

Women: Annie T.

People can bash Mikko all they want. He was 2nd worldwide in the Open, and didn't do as well at Regionals. Not sure if time is catching up to him or not.

For all those people going on about Klokov. He will be at the Crossfit Games.....as a spectator and maybe do a bunch of lifting seminars. Check his schedule. He is on a year long worldwide tour, doing weightlifting seminars for Crossfitters and making a plie of dough in the process. He is training, for the Olympics, in weightlifting. He might try a couple Open WOds for fun , but I seriously doubt he will be competing for real.

Last edited by Jason A Smith : 01-20-2014 at 11:55 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:44 PM   #19
Shawn M Wilson
Member Shawn M Wilson is offline
 
Shawn M Wilson's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tyler  TX
Posts: 1,118
Re: Predictions

I would put my $$ on Rich again. Bet a buddy last year (1 protein tub) Rich would win. He offered me double or nothing after day 1.

I took it, and still have those 2 tubs to go through...

It's not a sprint, and he has mastered the art of doing good enough on it all and being able to come alive on day 3 to put the nails in the coffin.

Sure lots of good guys out there, but I think this will be his last year competing, and I think he wants to end on top. Personal preference/belief so don't ask for quotes just how I feel
__________________
Pastor - Saved by Grace - Building the Body & Soul one day at a time!
My Log ****Open 12.1 (94) 12.2 (60) 12.3 (196) 12.4 (172) 12.5 (80)
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:59 PM   #20
Jon Campbell
Member Jon Campbell is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Henderson  KY
Posts: 443
Re: Predictions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn M Wilson View Post
I would put my $$ on Rich again. Bet a buddy last year (1 protein tub) Rich would win. He offered me double or nothing after day 1.

I took it, and still have those 2 tubs to go through...

It's not a sprint, and he has mastered the art of doing good enough on it all and being able to come alive on day 3 to put the nails in the coffin.

Sure lots of good guys out there, but I think this will be his last year competing, and I think he wants to end on top. Personal preference/belief so don't ask for quotes just how I feel
He's already said this will be his last year competing as an individual. Said he will go team after this year.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I'm interested in your Games predictions Chris Mason Fitness 49 05-15-2013 02:35 PM
2011 Games Predictions Katrina A. Burton Competitions 24 07-31-2011 06:19 PM
WOD 3 Predictions James Whitmire Competitions 2 07-29-2011 03:58 PM
predictions for UFC 92? Yael Grauer CrossPit 5 11-27-2008 11:40 PM
Affliction: Banned - Predictions Shane Rapp CrossPit 21 07-20-2008 11:04 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.