CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 11-06-2013, 07:09 PM   #21
Mara Rozitis

Profile:
Re: Diet Question- Why is this working?

I'm also a 40-ish woman who has some extra fat still to lose and has tried multiple diets over the years. I agree that you are probably not eating enough and are in for a nasty crash sometime soon.

In my experience, you can tell you have cortisol issues if you are getting up at night to pee, have trouble sleeping through the night, start to lose your appetite, or in spite of all your hard work you aren't losing fat. I went through that for two and a half years while doing CrossFit 4-5 times per week. Even after I made myself dreadfully ill, I didn't really believe it could be that I wasn't eating enough. It has taken a long time to really understand how much I truly NEED to eat to be able to perform consistently well. I am performing so much better now than I ever have before - at everything from weightlifting to metcons. And while I do keep it mostly Paleo, I also add a lot of carbs (not always Paleo) around workouts. I am not the leanest girl in the box, but I am getting leaner all the time. I wasn't when I was eating to reach a number on the scale.

Have you checked out Eat To Perform? They have some good information. I am also a huge believer that we are all individuals, and we will all react to different stimuli differently. What works for one person may make another feel terrible.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:11 AM   #22
David Sharad

Profile:

Fatty foods and lack of exercise caused fatness and weight gain. Avoid all fatty foods like meats, nuts, grains, cheese, fast foods, fried and dairy products. Eat fresh fruits, vegetables, yogurt, drink green tea, fruit juices and plenty of water. It burns fat,make strong bones and muscles, boost energy, improve heart functions and improve fitness.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:41 AM   #23
David Sharad

Profile:

Fatty foods and lack of exercise caused fatness and weight gain. Avoid all fatty foods like meats, nuts, grains, cheese, fast foods, fried and dairy products. Eat fresh fruits, vegetables, yogurt, drink green tea, fruit juices and plenty of water. It burns fat,make strong bones and muscles, boost energy, improve heart functions and improve fitness.
Old 11-16-2013, 12:14 PM   #24
Jeff Enge

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Sharad View Post
Spambot is being ridiculous everywhere.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:18 PM   #25
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Enge View Post
Spambot is being ridiculous everywhere.
I reported it. Not sure really if this dweeb is violating any board policies, but his posts aren't really all that helpful and are sure getting tiring. I expect that soon we'll see him recommend oxygen as a life essential.

We'll let the mods sort it out.

- Mark