CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Digital Coaching
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Coaching Post pictures or movies for critique and coaching

Old 09-10-2013, 11:42 AM   #11
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:
Re: Free Online Coaching for 2 Lucky CrossFit Athletes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean M. Hutchinson View Post
I'm sorry you are being so sensitive today.
You're right. I probably was. Sorry about that.

- Mark
Old 09-10-2013, 11:46 AM   #12
Marcus Allen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark E. Wallace View Post

- Mark
what!!
Old 09-10-2013, 11:49 AM   #13
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Allen View Post
what!!
Forum software bug.

Bad one.

Sev 1.

Crit sit.

Inform the mods.

- Mark

Last edited by Mark E. Wallace : 09-10-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:10 PM   #14
Sean M. Hutchinson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aushion Chatman View Post
If you really want to train someone for the Games you have two options, get on a 2-3 year plan OR cycle with the competition season.

Most Crossfitters cycle with the season so they train the way they do because you CANNOT afford to be strength biased right up until Januray, with the Open being so METCON heavy, you are setting yourself up to fail.

Now if you want to program for the 2015 Games it's a different story, but anyone training for 2014 needs to set the maximal strength their going to carry through the season by about November. Maybe you could push if you are coming from an aerobic background.

Weightlifting (Oly lifts for layman) most of us will continue to improve on because they aren't strength based.

Anyway, just wanted to shed light on why CF'ers train how they do, because it is really (depending on how far you advance) a 7-9 month off-season. And there's a TON to fit in.
I am not trying to coach a games athlete. I'm just trying to help anybody who wants help getting stronger in the off season and better at Weightlifting.

The laymans term for Weightlifting is Weightlifting. We don't call CrossFit competitive exercising so stop calling it Oly Lifting. It's Weightlifting. It is a sport. Oly lifting is a silly name somebody made up that has nothing to do with the sport. It is not called Olympic Weightlifting, it is just Weightlifting.

Not looking to start an argument but what do you know about training games athletes or any high level athlete for that matter? Have you made it to the games yet? Just curious why you think a 12 week cycle starting now would totally throw you off for the Open which isn't until March? I think 3 months is plenty of time to switch gears and focus on more conditioning during the open.

Once again I am not trying to coach somebody to the games. I am offering a 12 week training cycle focused on strength and power development for an athlete looking to potentially make it to the games some day. I never said I could get you to the games in 12 weeks.

and omg LOL if you think Weightlifting is not strength based. You're right. That's why all the best Weightlifters in the world can back squat well over triple body weight. Man you crack me up!!! It's all techique right??!?!

Last edited by Sean M. Hutchinson : 09-10-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:13 PM   #15
Sean M. Hutchinson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark E. Wallace View Post

- Mark
It's ok. I mean honestly i'm not on here to **** people off although it's amazing how quickly you guys jump on somebody when they say something you don't like.

Once again, i'm offering a free service for 12 weeks that I usually charge people $50/month for. the only reason I am doing this is the fact that I won't be able to train for a while since I am getting my rotator cuff repaired this friday. I will have more free time to work on my coaching and programming.

Some people just get rubbed the wrong way to easily.
Old 09-10-2013, 12:43 PM   #16
Jeff Enge

Profile:

FWIW, I was not getting rubbed the wrong way, like I said, I would have considered it if I wasn't already receiving weightlifting coaching.

Good luck with your training folks.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:33 PM   #17
Sean M. Hutchinson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Enge View Post
FWIW, I was not getting rubbed the wrong way, like I said, I would have considered it if I wasn't already receiving weightlifting coaching.

Good luck with your training folks.
Totally understandable! Good luck with your training as well!
Old 09-10-2013, 06:03 PM   #18
Shane Jensen

Profile:

Wish I could have been around to see this in time, this is definitely something that I may have been interested in.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:57 PM   #19
Paul Victor French

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean M. Hutchinson View Post
It's ok. I mean honestly i'm not on here to **** people off although it's amazing how quickly you guys jump on somebody when they say something you don't like.

Once again, i'm offering a free service for 12 weeks that I usually charge people $50/month for. the only reason I am doing this is the fact that I won't be able to train for a while since I am getting my rotator cuff repaired this friday. I will have more free time to work on my coaching and programming.

Some people just get rubbed the wrong way to easily.
You charge 50 a month for your programming. Damn that's either the deal of the century or I'm charging wayyyyy too much.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:24 PM   #20
Sean M. Hutchinson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Victor French View Post
You charge 50 a month for your programming. Damn that's either the deal of the century or I'm charging wayyyyy too much.
Yeah, I mean to be fair if a guy was training in my gym he would only be paying $100-200/month for the same coaching and programming but he would also be in my gym using my equipment. I see it only fair if a guy is training in another gym he is already paying for plus I don't get to see him lift in person. You have to remember to I come from working with 2 of the best Weightlifting Coaches in the country and I never had to pay a dime, even when I wasn't that good. It's just something I love to do and I do it because I want to help people but It also helps to earn a little bit of extra money on the side.