CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 07-22-2015, 04:00 PM   #871
Sean J Hunter

Profile:
CFG 15.1. Why no one using Sidestoke?

I can't see anyone using the sidestroke for the swim element?

I find this interesting, as arguably the side stroke can be as fast as the crawl over that distance, and it definitely would allow you to switch up the muscles used somewhat, to battle the fatigue, as there is the paddle board element in between the two swim elements.

I'd use the Combat Swim Stroke variant to reduce breathing drag, with a kick instead of a scissor as leg fatigue is a non issue for this event

Any thoughts as to why not? Surely someone considered it?

Sean

Last edited by Sean J Hunter : 07-22-2015 at 04:26 PM.
Old 07-22-2015, 05:27 PM   #872
Chris Guillermo

Profile:
Re: 2015 CrossFit Open, Regionals, and Games Thread

Annie's judge running down the stairs to tell her that she is carrying the wrong bag up the stairs is bullpies. Annie should have had to go all the way up the stairs then all the way back down. It is the competitors fault for making that mistake and the judge running down the stairs like that limits the consequences which is unfair to the other competitors.

Last edited by Chris Guillermo : 07-22-2015 at 05:29 PM. Reason: mistake
Old 07-22-2015, 05:44 PM   #873
Benji Whitehead

Profile:

What happened to CLB? 33rd on event 2?
Old 07-22-2015, 06:43 PM   #874
Christopher Morris

Profile:

I wondered why Dani Horan wasn't posting any scores on the leaderboard. Her Instagram explains that she withdrew before the Games due to a neck injury. https://instagram.com/p/5Zwto_P1q2/ (wfs)
Old 07-23-2015, 12:15 AM   #875
Snir Golan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Guillermo View Post
Annie's judge running down the stairs to tell her that she is carrying the wrong bag up the stairs is bullpies. Annie should have had to go all the way up the stairs then all the way back down. It is the competitors fault for making that mistake and the judge running down the stairs like that limits the consequences which is unfair to the other competitors.
especially since they didn't do the same with the other athletes. they let the other ones carry the red bag all the way up and then made them take it back down.
Old 07-23-2015, 03:55 AM   #876
Cory House

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Guillermo View Post
I did not watch all the heats, but I saw Sigmundsdottir carry her read bag up to the top and they let her leave it a step below the finish (she got 4th in the event). I did not watch the whole heat, but the announcers were praising her for her strategy. Surprised to see someone like Annie make the mistake, but when you are pushing yourself that hard sometimes the mind does funny things.
Old 07-23-2015, 04:33 AM   #877
Nicholas Wheeler

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory House View Post
I did not watch all the heats, but I saw Sigmundsdottir carry her read bag up to the top and they let her leave it a step below the finish (she got 4th in the event). I did not watch the whole heat, but the announcers were praising her for her strategy. Surprised to see someone like Annie make the mistake, but when you are pushing yourself that hard sometimes the mind does funny things.
That's the inconsistency he's talking about, on Sara's next trip up the stairs, they made her carry the red bag all the way back to the bottom of the stairs, effectively having to carry it up the stairs twice.
Old 07-23-2015, 05:49 AM   #878
Cory House

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas Wheeler View Post
That's the inconsistency he's talking about, on Sara's next trip up the stairs, they made her carry the red bag all the way back to the bottom of the stairs, effectively having to carry it up the stairs twice.
Got it, I missed that, seems like her judge was following the rules then. I guess lucky for Annie if anything.
Old 07-23-2015, 05:54 AM   #879
Jayme Gruber

Profile:

I watched almost all the heats for men and women and they definitely stopped more athletes than Annie from carrying the bag all the way up. Sigmundsdottir just got unlucky by being the first one to do it I believe. I'm sure after that the judges were on high alert. They even said the judges were conferring during the event and Castro stepped in to confirm it needed to be left at the bottom until the last trip.
Old 07-23-2015, 07:04 AM   #880
Tighe Crovetti

Profile:

16 y/o Paladino has a listed C&J 1RM of 315#.

THREE FIFTEEN.

I'm tapdancing around humbling, motivating and demoralizing reading about these kids. They're amazing.