CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 11-22-2013, 07:51 AM   #1
Kristy Fisher

Profile:
Talking i don't know how many calories to eat

Iam new to crossfit I have been doing it for 3 mos 5 days a week and I love it .But I have gained weight wich didn't make me happy but my coach's said throw away your scale its not a good way to tell progress so I did .I only got on it once in awhile and watched it creep up lost a inch my mid section yaaaay but gained in my thighs and hips due to a expanding booty also yaaay getting toned and tight iam small 5"2 before crossfit I was 118-120 now iam 120-124 I know its not a lot but I just need to to know how many calories to eat one because I need to eat enough iam now have menstrual cycle issues probly not enough calories said my dr I am also very active at work iam a cna on my feet going going for 8 hrs lifting pulling all shift and I don't want to to eat to much any help would be awesome. Also I am a female

Last edited by Kristy Fisher : 11-22-2013 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Did not put in what sex I was
Old 11-22-2013, 07:55 AM   #2
Jeff Enge

Profile:
Re: i don't know how many calories to eat

First of all... holy run-on sentence, Batman! Punctuation makes things a lot easier to follow.

Secondly, the best thing to do is to plug in your data on a site like MyFitnessPal to get a baseline calorie/macro amount, eat that way for a few weeks, and adjust from there based on what you see.

There's no hard-and-fast number for calories for anybody.

(Also, I think if you said you have menstural cycle issues, we can safely assume you are female without it being mentioned at the end)

Last edited by Jeff Enge : 11-22-2013 at 08:04 AM.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:53 AM   #3
Joe Davison

Profile:

try using this: http://eattoperform.com/eat-to-perform-calculator/
Old 11-24-2013, 10:17 AM   #4
Eric Montgomery

Profile:

"iam now have menstrual cycle issues probly not enough calories said my dr I am also very active at work iam a cna on my feet going going for 8 hrs lifting pulling all shift and I don't want to to eat to much any help would be awesome"

So....what I'm gathering here is that you've had menstrual cycle issues (probably means you need to eat more) and you work 8 hours a day in a job that's physically demanding (also means you need to eat more) plus you just started CF which probably means you're lifting heavy and doing intense conditioning for the first time in a while if not ever.

And you're questioning whether you should eat more? Given those factors I'd be inclined to tell you to eat as much as you want, provided it's mostly quality unprocessed foods. The odds of you suddenly getting fat are about as good as my odds of accidentally dropping 30lbs by undereating for a few days.

The difference between 118-120 and 120-124 is too negligible to even pay attention to (not to mention that those ranges overlap), especially given that your body is probably adding some muscle in response to heavy lifting.