CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 12-13-2008, 04:46 PM   #41
David Sharp

Profile:
Re: Weighted Clothing

Screw weighted clothes, I want a gravity chamber. Or maybe the one where a year passes every day, I'll go in for a week, and come out like Chuck freakin Norris.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:25 PM   #42
Charles Bennington

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Sharp View Post
Screw weighted clothes, I want a gravity chamber. Or maybe the one where a year passes every day, I'll go in for a week, and come out like Chuck freakin Norris.
I want an anti-gravity chamber so I can take a crack at a sub 1:00 Fran!

As far as the rest of this thread:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/prod...t/lmao-new.jpg

Having spent plenty of time walking through this world with body armor and heavy **** around my waist and on my back I can offer only the following: don't do it if you can avoid it. Your joints already dislike impact, not to mention additionally weighed impact.

You would be much better served by heavy compound lifting. Once you have a bit of a strength base then feel free to work weighed hiking stuff into your schedule.

What's the diet looking like?
Old 12-15-2008, 01:45 AM   #43
Matthew Green

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Cho View Post
I hate hearing people say this. I have four meals a day. I just have a fast metabolism. That and I do exersize more than I let on...I bike everywhere having no car.
You hate hearing this? put simply............. tough! It's what you need to hear. You want to put on weight? Eat more!

You say you have a fast metabolism...... all the more reason to eat more. To put on more mass I had to eat all day every day.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:01 AM   #44
Shawn Casey

Profile:

Dude, if you want to put on weight and its really hard, you got to eat until your full and if your not full you have to eat. You should always have something in you hand. Milk, nuts, jerky, something. It's hard work, dude. You have to train and eat alot for a long time. There's no easier way. No weighted clothes. No bike. No 4 meals a day. You need a barbell, alot of weight, something that holds the barbell(Rack, stands)and alot of REAL food. Four meals plus four snack the size of your four meals. Paleo or zone or paleo/zone and milk; raw milk if possible. Lots of meat, veggies nuts and seeds and milk, fruit,some starch, no sugar. You need the book starting strength and practical programming. That's the BLUF.
Old 12-15-2008, 06:00 AM   #45
Lee Hill

Profile:

... and no response from Ryan.

Have we shouted him down too loudly?
Has he gone away to digest all this advice and do some research?
Did he get signed up by an elite clan of ninjas who heard where he was coming from?
Does he feel too embarassed to reply?
Is he now too busy eating?
Is he grounded for talking with his mouth full?

Last edited by Lee Hill; 12-15-2008 at 06:03 AM.. Reason: too sarcastic, even for me
Old 12-15-2008, 06:12 AM   #46
Shawn Casey

Profile:

maybe he found a really heavy turbin.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:55 AM   #47
Alex Rosch

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Hill View Post
... and no response from Ryan.

Have we shouted him down too loudly?
Has he gone away to digest all this advice and do some research?
Did he get signed up by an elite clan of ninjas who heard where he was coming from?
Does he feel too embarassed to reply?
Is he now too busy eating?
Is he grounded for talking with his mouth full?

God that's funny...
Sounds like the ending of the original batman (Adam West).
I was extremely bored at work and got reading one of those women's mags that are like "lose 7-9 lbs a week just picking your nose", and they actually advocated walking all day with a weighted back-pack. So your skinny, but now you need joint replacements
He should move to a 3rd world country and drive a rickshaw...now that's hardcore...especially if you started one in North America, seeing as the bulk of your business would statistically be fat people. Hell, go to San Francisco, with all the hills...You're set. You'd be breathing fire (after the big MI).
Old 12-28-2008, 10:44 AM   #48
Daniel Morse

Profile:

Weighted clothing actually isnt a bad idea for training. You just have to be smart about. Carrying extra weight around in you day to day life is gonna be bad for the joints but training in small intervals for cardio it actually has great strength benifits. I have used it to great benifits with circuit training. A normal circuit for me would be about 3 pull ups, 5 squats, 3 bar dips, 3 curls, 10 hanging knee lifts, 5 push ups and repeat. Continue this cycle for about 15 to 30 minutes. I have different circuits I do but the idea is the same to combine wieght training and cardio into one. Did wonders for my body fat and strength developement. I was doing other stuff to help but the training vest was a part of my routine. 15 to 30 minutes no more than 3 times a week can yield good benifits. Count that as a cardio and then do a normal weight training sequence later or switch them around what ever floats your boat. By the way I wouldnt do anything life jumping or clapping push ups thats high impact. Sprinting is alright.