CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 10-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #1
Timothy Roberts

Profile:
Rogue Hi-temp or HG bumpers

I am trying to decide between the Hi-temps and the HGs. The Hi-temps appear to be more durable while the HGs are more narrow and meet IWF standards. They would be used on stall mats over concrete.

It would be nice to get some feedback from someone who has used both. Pros/Cons other than that the Hi-temps bounce more.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:44 AM   #2
Matt Thomas

Profile:
Re: Rogue Hi-temp or HG bumpers

http://board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=77106 (wfs)

I made this thread to post some of my observations on the two. Most of what I said in that thread referred to bumpers used in gyms where they see a lot of use and abuse. For personal garage gym use I'm sure this wouldn't be as much of a problem.

I have Hi Temps and if I had to do it all over again I'd probably still choose them. It does kind of suck that they're so wide so if you get to where you want to use them for anything over 405 you have to invest in some gorilla plates or use steel instead. So that's a +1 for the econ style bumpers, but other than that Hi Temps are bullet proof and I expect them to last forever and I love that about them.

I will also add as a disclaimer that I have never seen nor used Rogue brand HG plates so I can't claim that anything I said in that thread would apply to them. But assuming they are similar or the same (besides the branding) as Pendlay and Again Faster plates then what I said might apply.

Last edited by Matt Thomas; 10-11-2012 at 11:52 AM..