CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 06-30-2008, 11:46 AM   #1
Ben Roble

Profile:
CF in Madrid

I'm going to revive an old thread that looks extinct.

Training at Petranek right now in Santa Monica. Spending the fall in Madrid to study and wanted to see if anyone is there doing some CF so we can scare the locals. Fingers crossed!

Old 08-01-2008, 05:54 AM   #2
Ignacio de la Viuda

Profile:
Re: CF in Madrid

I just started... and looking for proper facilities...:stir:

If I might be of any help.

Regards.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:24 PM   #3
Gabriel Bonner

Profile:

Hi, I'm moving to Madrid on August 29th, looking to continue my CF as well. Any leads?

Gabriel
M/28/185/5'10"
Old 09-01-2008, 12:25 PM   #4
Lukas Matzinger

Profile:

Hey guys,

I have been living in Madrid for about 4 months and will stay until years end. Currently at home in Austria but I am coming back next week.

I have been doing my Crossfit workouts in a public gym near my work at Pio XII metro station. They only charge €3,50 or so per visit, and it is usually not too full. Equipment is not great but we always manage to improvise well enough for the WOD. I bring my own rings and some other stuff.

I might bring my motorcycle when I come back so I would be more flexible to go to a different gym. Preferably during my lunch break from 2-4pm as I work late most evenings.

You guys can contact me with a PM or Email "matzinger at gmail dot com".

Cheers,
Lukas
Old 09-03-2008, 02:58 PM   #5
Ben Roble

Profile:

Hey gents,

glad people are around. Just joined a gym here, the only one that I could find with platforms. it's by the Quintana and Elipa and it's called Sideropolis:

http://www.sideropolis.com/tablon.php?pag=5

Only decent place I could find that wasn't all machines and it doesn't appear to crowded. if you're around, would love to get something together.

Old 09-03-2008, 03:56 PM   #6
Lukas Matzinger

Profile:

Platforms as in Olympic lifting? That would be sweet! Just got my Adidas Ironwork shoes today that I will bring back to Spain with me.

It's a bit far away from my work and where I plan to live, but with the bike it would definitely be doable. I'll get in touch with you when I am back.

Regards,
Lukas
Old 11-07-2008, 02:46 AM   #7
William Cachinero

Profile:

Hey guys, I have been living in Madrid for about a year now and was a avid CrossFitter in Washington, DC and would love to start up again. Hit me up if guys are interested. My email address is: wcachi at mac dot com.
Old 11-07-2008, 04:19 AM   #8
Lukas Matzinger

Profile:

Where do you all live/work?

I normally do the WOD in the "centro deportivo municipal" near Plaza del Perú/Pio XII metro during my lunch break from 2-4pm. Like I said it's under €4 for each visit and you don't have to sign up for anything. Anybody is welcome to join.

Some more good news: I have settled in again and found a nice place that even has a 1 car garage. I ordered some equipment and will be going shopping this weekend for some weights. Any leads on a store with decent prices? I am also checking into buying some bumpers and olympic bars but prices in Europe are ridiculous and shipping from the States will cost $$$$$! Once I get a proper garage gym set up we could also work out there in the evening (normally get out of work around 8pm) or on the week ends. My place is 3min from the Torre Arias metro stop.

Hoping to meet some of you!

Cheers,
Lukas
Old 12-16-2008, 07:58 PM   #9
Mary Ann Cayabyab

Profile:

Hi All,
I'm hoping to get a response on this thread before trying to post a new one.

I'll be moving to Madrid to study abroad this coming June! and as excited as I am to soak in a new experience, working out regularly is something I don't want to give up..

anybody have any suggestions about where I could go? I'll be studying at the Universidad Antonio de Nebrija. It would be even better if anyone would be in Madrid during that time and maybe we could hit a WOD together! :]
Old 03-06-2009, 09:16 PM   #10
Nicole Burton

Profile:

Has anyone found a gym supporting CrossFit in Madrid? I am interested in both practicing my daily WOD and training if possible. I have my level 1 cert. and will be arriving end of March. Any helpful tips anyone? nikolmburton at yahoo - Thank you