CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 03-08-2009, 08:59 AM   #1
Lee Sybert

Profile:
Crossfit Balad?

I would like to continue Crossfit in Iraq. Does anyone know if a CrossFit gym exists on Balad. The base is big, so I'm hoping there is at least something.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:18 PM   #2
Red Ryder

Profile:
Re: CrossFit Balad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Sybert View Post
I would like to continue CrossFit in Iraq. Does anyone know if a CrossFit gym exists on Balad. The base is big, so I'm hoping there is at least something.

Lee,
Have you found Crossfit in Balad? I recently begun Crossfit on the recommendation of my commander stated one day "do you love pushups? I love pushups". I can now honestly say that I too love pushups thanks to Crossfit.

I will be heading over to Balad in the beginning of May. Have you found anything?
Old 05-13-2009, 04:14 PM   #3
Marc Woody

Profile:
Re: Crossfit Balad?

Have you found any Balad Crossfiters? I will be in the neighborhood soon enough!
Old 05-15-2009, 06:58 AM   #4
Andy McCabe

Profile:

I was on JBB last year and the gym in the Air Force area had WODs posted as well as plyo boxes, kettlebells, and pull up bars. I know that getting in was sometimes a challenge but it will be worth the effort. Hope this helps.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:55 AM   #5
Gregory Galstad

Profile:

I was just on Balad getting services on our vehicles for the last few days and found the Crossfit Gym. The Air Force Gym (In the Air Force compound near the Pax terminal) runs a Crossfit program at 1030 and 1500 each day. They were more than willing to let my buddy and I (Army guys just visiting Balad) workout with them and didn't mind that we're on a different workout than they are.

Thanks to Vanessa for the tips and making me dip all the way on those ring dips.
-Greg
Old 09-08-2009, 12:43 PM   #6
Vanessa Vanden Bout

Profile:

Balad runs CrossFit at least three times a day; typically, 0545, 1030 and 1500. Currently, we have two Level 1 trainers who program a schedule. The schedule is sometimes based on the main site, though we're usually a few days behind due to equipment or time considerations.
Email me if you have questions about getting into H-6 (where classes are held). We're always happy to have new CrossFitters, and we're thrilled to report that we're getting new equipment.

You did great, Greg! It was great to have you guys in with us.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:02 PM   #7
Tamatha Pope

Profile:

OMG! Good Morning Everyone here in Balad! This is Tamatha Pope (civilian on the west side....got here 2 weeks ago)...and apparently was NOT using this mssg board correctly. I have been looking for CFers...I am at work by 6:15 am....and would LOVE to find a partner! Being that I am on the West Side (the gym by Catfish)...can only work out over here...I live in H1 housing...Gym/MWR right in front of my living quarters...and have NO transportation to the 'other side'...Anyone over here willing? Looking forward to meeting you....thanks!
Old 07-26-2010, 03:40 PM   #8
Jennifer L Brown

Profile:

I'm going to be in Balad soon and trying to find out the times for crossfit on the base. Can please someone give me a update...

Thanks

Jen