CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 07-21-2005, 07:07 AM   #1
Ben Kaminski

Profile:
My health insurance provides a certain amount of money per year that is used to pay for blood tests, checkups, and those sorts of things. While the amount can roll-over into the next year, I would like to order a run of tests before the year is up just to use the opportunity. I have some idea of what things I would like to check, like fasting blood sugar, testosterone, thyroid indicators, blood lipids, but what might I be forgetting? Lead, mercury, other heavy metals or toxins? Bone density? By preparing this in advance I hope to get the most information possible from my visit.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:11 AM   #2
Ron Nelson

Profile:
This is just me talking, but I get a complete physical every couple of years. They test everything (yes, there too!) and give me an EKG. My blood panels usually cover the normal things like lipids, cholesterol, liver function, thyroid, stuff like that. Your doctor will recommend stuff based on your family profile. If you want to have some fun, ask for a treadmill test and see what level you get to.
3 years ago, I got to level 6 or 7. Better than some firefighters the doc tested!
As for the bone density; you're 23. I seriously doubt you have issues there, unless there's family history.