CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 04-12-2007, 01:54 PM   #1
Paul Mirek

Profile:
I spent a few summers on a farm in Indiana, and I was introduced to the benefits of raw milk. This farmer told me to look up information on the Weston A. Price Foundation website. After being exposed to CrossFit, I wondered what the Price Foundation had to say about diet and fitness. I came across this article:

http://www.westonaprice.org/men/splendidspecimens.html

It discusses how diets have changed from the days of Muscle Beach to today's bulky Muscle Builders. Take a look. I would like to hear any opinions based on your diets. I am trying to do CrossFit while maintaining current diet rather than making another change with a Paleo or Zone diet. My current diet is based on grass-fed meats and raw milk products. Yes, I do eat breads, but they tend to only have a few ingredients in them in the first place. I try to eat as many mass-produced, non-processed foods as possible. So, let's hear what you have to say about this article.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:51 PM   #2
Ken Froese

Profile:
My daughters Pediatrician believes in raw milk. He gets it shipped from a place in Ca, I'm pretty sure he said because of the legal issues it is sold under the guise of "pet consumption". There are also some Coops across the country that can help you get some. It seems it is easier to get crack than raw milk in some areas. We have not ordered it yet but it is on our things to do list.