CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 11-08-2006, 01:19 PM   #1
James Lewis

Profile:
Been lurking on the boards for a while now and have been doing CF now for about 4 wks. As an endurance athlete (triathlon) I recognized my weaknesses in strenght, power, quickness (particularly upper body) and want to rememdy that for next year.

Just started the Paleo diet. Did some looking around the threads and it seems there has been little Paleo discussion lately, so I thought I'd ask how many people are working off of the Paleo diet out there? What kind of results? I find Dr. Cordain's logic pretty good (eat what we are programmed to eat) and having read his original book and am in the process of reading The Paleo Diet for Athletes, I think it will work out.

I will say that I am going to miss my skim milk protein powder drinks I used to have!
Old 11-08-2006, 01:43 PM   #2
Steve Liberati

Profile:
Paleo diet combined with IF and a few other small caveats (i.e less fruit, more veggies and saturated fat)...not only increased my performance numbers (across the board), but has greatly improved my overall feeling health and well-being. It's actually quite amazing. Its ashame for those missing out...