CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 05:08 PM   #1
Ben Kaminski

Profile:
5 years on, 1 year off

I started CF in 2004, and a year ago I stopped working out. I am back and re-training myself. The neural skills don't go away, and the muscles dont even get that much weaker for phosphagenic movements, but the anaerobic and aerobic pathways go straight to hell in much less than a year. Rhabdo resistance goes down with it, I gave myself a second mild case of rhabdo. Can't wait until I push my limits back out to where they should be.

I have had rhabdo twice and I seriously think it is due to failed metabolic pathways - lack of ATP prevents muscles from being able to expand once contracted and expansion causes shearing of contractile elements...

Anyway back and loving the feeling.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:41 PM   #2
Stephen Flamm

Profile:
Re: 5 years on, 1 year off

Congratulations on your renewed interest in fitness. Feel free to drop into our facility whenever you'd like.

Old 02-10-2010, 05:24 PM   #3
John Hansen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Kaminski View Post
I started CF in 2004, and a year ago I stopped working out. I am back and re-training myself. The neural skills don't go away, and the muscles dont even get that much weaker for phosphagenic movements, but the anaerobic and aerobic pathways go straight to hell in much less than a year. Rhabdo resistance goes down with it, I gave myself a second mild case of rhabdo. Can't wait until I push my limits back out to where they should be.

I have had rhabdo twice and I seriously think it is due to failed metabolic pathways - lack of ATP prevents muscles from being able to expand once contracted and expansion causes shearing of contractile elements...

Anyway back and loving the feeling.
Two cases of rhabdo? I know some guys on another forum that are going to be cutting and pasting your post. Are you talking about 'went to the emergency room' rhabdo, or something you diagnosed yourself?

What's your plan to avoid a third case?

Good luck.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:11 AM   #4
Camille Lore

Profile:  

Ben, honestly. You know rhabdo is something to be taken very seriously and I personally don't think it's something to be proud of.
You may want to reevaluate how you go about your training.
I don't consider this a testimonial.

Closed Thread