CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 02-07-2006, 05:19 PM   #1
Lee Lister

Profile:
New to CrossFit and was wondering if there is a sequence to the WOD’s, i.e. focuses on lifting exercises one day, followed by more aerobic the next or are they randomly selected?
As I travel for business a lot, I won’t always be able to do the prescribed WOD, so I plan to swap with another that makes use of bodyweight or use of limited equipment in the hotels…
Thanks Lee
Old 02-08-2006, 10:34 AM   #2
David Wood

Profile:

Lee:

Consider getting the CrossFit Journal back issue #6. (They're all great, but this was one of the all-time great ones.)

http://store.crossfit.com/cgi-bin/cp-app.cgi?usr=51F9440779&rnd=3733638&rrc=N&af fl=&cip=12.161.237.158&act=&aff=&pg=prod&ref=cfj00 6&cat=cfjbak&catstr=HOME:cfjba k

In that issue, Coach Glassman provided a "theoretical template" for programming your own WODs (note: this is NOT what the daily WOD uses, but it provides a fine introduction to a way of systematically varying the components of a functional exercise system).

This will at least partially address your question.

There's been lots of discussion over the years of what to do when there's just no equipment available. Among the favorites:

Tabata sprints on whatever aerobic equipment they have (elliptical trainer, etc.)

Tabata This

Cindy (all you need is a chinup bar; if you're a maniac, you do the chinups off the bathroom door in your hotel room).

"Prisoners workout": do a pyramid of burpees from 20 - 19 - 18 - ... - 3 - 2 - 1.

Good luck,
Dave
Old 02-08-2006, 11:27 AM   #3
Graham Tidey

Profile:
I posted what you're looking for here: http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/20/19163.html, download the program or even just the WoDs. I've about 7 pages of bodyweight WoDs there.
Old 02-08-2006, 05:59 PM   #4
Lee Lister

Profile:
Thanks David, bought issue 6 and will read over to-nite.
Graham, I downloaded the program but couldnt get it working, but will certainly make use of the 7 pages of workout, thanks.
Lee