CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Pukie's Bucket
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pukie's Bucket Bogus threads, trolls, and other malarkey

Old 02-19-2013, 08:07 AM   #21
Eric Montgomery

Profile:
Re: combining pullups with school

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamze Abdi View Post
I'd stay up 24 hours a day just to get some more pullups done. That kind of relaxed lifestyle(sleep whenever you want) just doesn't work with school. I'd get scared to eat anything because I'm afraid it will ruin my pullups. I don't even watch TV anymore.

I don't know what to tell you. My life is different now.
Lucky for me I dropped out of school in 8th grade to pursue my passion of pullups--no more wasting 6-8 hours per day learning about non-pullup-related matters.

I also conditioned myself to survive on only 2 hours of sleep per day so I could have the other 22 to get my pullups in. I can understand others may not be able to afford this kind of lifestyle though, and I pity them.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:11 AM   #22
Chris Diamont

Profile:

Last time I checked, 8:30 to 12:30 was 4 hours. Maybe things are taught different in school now?

Old 02-19-2013, 09:11 AM   #23
Brad Allen Jones

Profile:

Yeah just give up on pull ups man. I mean, sure, you could do a lot of pull ups, but at what cost?

Chris Spealler can do 106 without dropping from the bar, but has he really done with his life. I can guarantee he doesn't have a college degree, or even any basic knowledge of the world we live in aside from pull ups. I can see him walking up and down the aisles at the grocery store with people pointing and laughing at him, snickering under their breath.

Don't even get me started on Navy Seal David Goggins who did like 2,600 in one day, there is no way that guy has done anything with his life.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:24 AM   #24
Andrew N. Casey

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad Allen Jones View Post
Yeah just give up on pull ups man. I mean, sure, you could do a lot of pull ups, but at what cost?

Chris Spealler can do 106 without dropping from the bar, but has he really done with his life. I can guarantee he doesn't have a college degree, or even any basic knowledge of the world we live in aside from pull ups. I can see him walking up and down the aisles at the grocery store with people pointing and laughing at him, snickering under their breath.

Don't even get me started on Navy Seal David Goggins who did like 2,600 in one day, there is no way that guy has done anything with his life.
so what you are saying is that if i drop out of school, do lot of pullups, learn to sleep while walking on a treadmill, and do squats with a 45lb bar that i can become a navy seal and a successful CF athlete?

Old 02-19-2013, 09:32 AM   #25
Brad Allen Jones

Profile:

Don't fall in that trap!

Old 02-19-2013, 10:07 AM   #26
John Holcombe

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew N. Casey View Post
so what you are saying is that if i drop out of school, do lot of pullups, learn to sleep while walking on a treadmill, and do squats with a 45lb bar that i can become a navy seal and a successful CF athlete?
no, that would be wasting time with too many non pullup exercises

walking = not doing pullups
squats = not pullups

Old 02-19-2013, 10:33 AM   #27
Andrew N. Casey

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holcombe View Post
no, that would be wasting time with too many non pullup exercises

walking = not doing pullups
squats = not pullups
this explains so much! no wonder i am not where i want to be. i wonder if anyone has told Josh Bridges yet.

Old 02-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #28
Charles Golden

Profile:

Why hasn't anyone mentioned sleeping pullups yet, I mean that's really the answer to this dilemna.

you are getting sleepy
Grace - 1:58 Fran - 3:55 CFT - 985

Old 02-19-2013, 04:16 PM   #29
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:

Kill it! Beat these beastly threads back to their source of origin! Klovov commands it!

Old 02-19-2013, 08:18 PM   #30
Clint Harris

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamze Abdi View Post
How do you guys do it? I'm not sure how to do it anymore. I'm stuck in class from 8:30 to 12:30...

When I was doing 60 pullups, I could stay up as long as needed to get all of them. Now, I no longer have this luxury. I'm scared to sacrifice sleep for the sake of pullups...
I had this same problem. Had class from 08:30-12:30 at night after work and I didn't have time to do any pull-ups. I didn't even have a chance to watch any TV, it was really hectic. Finally, after a number of hours of quality time spent blogging about this problem on the Internet, someone pointed out to me that I was only going to class on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. These were the exact same days that I had been trying to do pull-ups on. What they suggested was that I try doing pull-ups on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. It has been a big change and is a struggle, but I think it is going to be OK.