CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 08-14-2007, 07:36 AM   #1
Michael Leach

Profile:
Everyday for the past couple months my breakfast has consisted of 4 hard-boiled eggs, a cup or two of berries (fresh or frozen), and a cup of black coffee.

The night before last, I blended up 2 cups of frozen blueberries, 1 cup of frozen raspberries, and a 13.5oz can of coconut milk. I split this into 2 containers and I put it in the freezer. I brought one of these containers the last two mornings and ate them with my eggs and coffee and the past 2 mornings I've been a little light-headed.

The black coffee, eggs and berries are nothing out of the ordinary. The only real variable is the coconut milk. The brand was Coco-Cool and the ingredients were coconut milk, water and sodium metabasulfite. It smelled and tasted fine. I've had coconut milk in the past, but have been trying to pay an even closer amount of attention to what I eat and exactly how it makes me feel. I started a food diary a week or so ago, and its available here:

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJ...=supadupamikey
link is w/f/s

any ideas?
thanks!
-Mike
Old 08-14-2007, 07:48 AM   #2
Gerhard Lavin

Profile:
From Wkipedia on sodium metabasulfite.

"Food additive

It is used as a food additive, mainly as a preservative and is sometimes identified as E223. As an additive, it may cause allergic reactions, particularly skin irritation, gastric irritation and asthma. It is not recommended for consumption by children."
Old 08-14-2007, 04:27 PM   #3
Michael Leach

Profile:
there were like 4 different cans of coconut milk and all of them had the same ingredients. i picked this one though because it had the highest-fat/most-calories and i figured the others were just watered down more.

hmm...
Old 08-14-2007, 07:56 PM   #4
Matt DeMinico

Profile:
Heh... I love CF... I do the same thing when I'm shopping... let's see, wife says pick up some Yogurt... hm... DANGIT!!! they're all stinkin "low fat"... Stinkin' American nutritional "science"
Old 08-14-2007, 10:08 PM   #5
Jeff Evans

Profile:
Yep, quick glance at my labels confirms one can of full-fat coconut milk can yield three cans of "light" by watering it down. And of course, regular and lite cans are the same price at my store...