CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 08-27-2009, 10:19 AM   #11
David Dean

Profile:
Re: CrossFit in Spain

Are there any CFers close to Granada? I am on semester abroad here until December. Love to have a training partner...
Old 08-28-2009, 11:32 AM   #12
Diego Sommariva

Profile:

Sheesh, no one in Malaga?
Old 08-30-2009, 10:31 AM   #13
Nick Ethan

Profile:

I heard talk a while back about someone opening an affiliate in Madrid. Does anybody know about this?
Old 09-01-2009, 01:59 AM   #14
Diego Sommariva

Profile:

Yes. CrossMadFit. Website ain't too good because Lo and Behold it is a bummer to find where the gym actually is. You have to go and find the emails of the people that work there and email them. Their address is nowhere on the website I could find. But I've been known to overlook things :P

Diego
Old 09-01-2009, 08:06 AM   #15
Ben Moskowitz

Profile:

It's kind of difficult to locate Spanish O-lifting clubs on the internet, but they are out there. Consider poking around Federacion Espanola de Halterofilia and Federacion Andaluz de Halterofilia. There are clubs all over. I would bank on calling someone rather than spending a lot of time on the net.

Links WFS
Old 09-05-2009, 03:38 PM   #16
Nick Ethan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego Sommariva View Post
Yes. CrossMadFit. Website ain't too good because Lo and Behold it is a bummer to find where the gym actually is. You have to go and find the emails of the people that work there and email them. Their address is nowhere on the website I could find. But I've been known to overlook things :P

Diego
have you been there? how is it
Old 09-07-2009, 03:17 PM   #17
Diego Sommariva

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Ethan View Post
have you been there? how is it
Nope, can't say I've been there or to any other CrossFit gym, much to my increasing shame. I live 600 KMs (around 370 Miles) from Madrid, so no chance of going any time soon. I have contacts with CrossFit Spain, in Valencia, which is somewhat closer, but again I don't have a reason to go there (without having to file for divorce in the process) and can't say what the CrossFit gyms here are like.

Diego
Old 09-14-2009, 07:45 AM   #18
Julio Barthe

Profile:

Living in Madrid and doing CrossFit for about a year, since August '08, in a globo gym. It is not the real thing but it is what I have on hand so I manage to get HQ WODs done with some substitutions.

I didn't know that there was a CrossFit gym in Madrid, http://crossmadfit.typepad.com/ (WFS). I found through their trainers' emails that their are based within this gym: http://fitnessdromo.com/ (WFS), which is in Alcorcón. I didn't know neither that there was a CrossFiT Spain.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:21 AM   #19
Diego Sommariva

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Barthe View Post
Living in Madrid and doing CrossFit for about a year, since August '08, in a globo gym. It is not the real thing but it is what I have on hand so I manage to get HQ WODs done with some substitutions.

I didn't know that there was a CrossFit gym in Madrid, http://crossmadfit.typepad.com/ (WFS). I found through their trainers' emails that their are based within this gym: http://fitnessdromo.com/ (WFS), which is in Alcorcón. I didn't know neither that there was a CrossFiT Spain.
I only found out about these after A LOT of searching and weeding out South American gyms with names similar to Spanish Cities. I'm in contact with CrossFit Spain, in Valencia, who are also on Facebook. It will take a long time for the CF methodology to take hold here, the gyms I've been to and the mentality of the Spanish gym-goer is about 5-10 years behind the rest of Europe. However, for the moment, I'm content to get the weird looks in the gym and whisperings of "what the heck is he doing?" while they do bicep curls with a Z-bar or half-squats on the smith machine :P

Diego
Old 09-15-2009, 11:21 AM   #20
Julio Barthe

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego Sommariva View Post
I only found out about these after A LOT of searching and weeding out South American gyms with names similar to Spanish Cities. I'm in contact with CrossFit Spain, in Valencia, who are also on Facebook. It will take a long time for the CF methodology to take hold here, the gyms I've been to and the mentality of the Spanish gym-goer is about 5-10 years behind the rest of Europe. However, for the moment, I'm content to get the weird looks in the gym and whisperings of "what the heck is he doing?" while they do bicep curls with a Z-bar or half-squats on the smith machine :P

Diego
Hello, Diego:

Well, I don't know if we are 5-10 years behind but I think that it is possible to speed things up if spanish's CF gyms do their job promoting CF methodology. Did you see that interview on TV to CF Bogota? I think that it will help them to get more people doing CF in their country. As I usually go very early in the morning, we are very few people at the gym and they are already used to see me running and sweating around.

I really love doing CrossFit, not only because I am in better shape than with others routines but because it keeps interested in doing the WODs, I never was a gym's rat but now I am looking for next WODs, which I find as a great achievement. There was an pretty good article in the Journal by Catalyst Athletics about why they think that CF works, statistically proved with their clients.

(Bueno, mi inglés no es muy bueno y no consigo expresar bien mis opiniones pero así seguimos en línea con el idioma del foro.)

Regards,
Julio