CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 08-22-2008, 01:11 PM   #41
Matthew Eucalitto

Profile:
Re: Most Embarassing Crossfit Moments

I just posted this in another thread, but its more applicable here.

I was in the middle of a pretty exhausting workout, cant remember which one, but ran over to the treadmill, jumped on and started running, only to trip and fly off the back like in a cartoon, hitting the wall a few feet back.

I was laughing hysterically, everyone else looked at my like i was insane.
Old 08-22-2008, 06:23 PM   #42
Jared Ashley

Profile:

[quote=Marc Tower;367972]First push-press workout and I was still working on form. During the last set I popped the bar into my chin, which pushing my teeth into my lip. Good bit of blood.

Adam, being a good CF trainer said "You OK?"
Me "yeah"
Adam "You have 3 more (reps)"
[quote]

Yeah, I was working as a trainer and demonstrating the push-press to a client, and of course telling her to be sure to get your head out of the way or you can hit yourself in the face. Not 30 seconds later I absolutely creamed myself in the nose with the bar. No blood, but it hurt enough to make my eyes water.

What was Rip's quote? "Don't worry about hitting yourself in the face with the bar... you'll only do it once!"
Old 08-24-2008, 03:33 PM   #43
Tobias W. Neal

Profile:
Cool Re: Most Embarassing Crossfit Moments

I was at my cert and we were going through the push press...I kept hearing push more agressive...faster...harder...so I got all spun up and went as fast and as hard as I could up straight into my NOSE...I got a little woozy and almost passed out...

Take 2

I was talking to one of my clients and we were going over medicine ball workouts and I was getting all excited as usual when I took a step back and didn't see the ball behind me and took a major backward header much to my clients enjoyment.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:50 PM   #44
Alix Clark

Profile:

My very first CF group workout. Push press straight into my chin. Yowza. Nice bruise from that one, buta bit of cred cos I kept on going - after donating to the swear jar!
Old 08-25-2008, 05:59 AM   #45
James Withington

Profile:

Going for a Fran PB, on the final set of thrusters when fatigue was kicking in big-style and my form was going out of the window I caught one right on the chin and chipped one of my front teeth.

Hitting yourself in the face with a barbell seems to be a pretty common theme. This Crossfit malarky is dangerous!
Old 08-25-2008, 09:29 AM   #46
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:

My O-Lifting coach nailed himself in the face while doing a snatch and knocked himself out. Blood everywhere. We all laughed once he was concious again.
Old 08-28-2008, 10:28 AM   #47
Tom Woodward

Profile:

I confused my hands with my face during back handspring practice in gymnastics last night. Got a mouthful of mat.

Makes me want to go back even more. I'm sick.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:38 AM   #48
Laura Kurth

Profile:

I just thought of this time I was at Golds doing Cf, the pullup bar is sort of poking out from a metal thing... so you must face a certain way to do pullups. One day I hopped on the wrong side and did a fine kip, smashing my face into the metal thing.

oh that was very embarrassing.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:06 AM   #49
Sara Schroeder

Profile:

Your stories were all hilarious! I've had my share of hitting myself in the chin or whacking myself in the head, but I wanted to share a moment that happened to one of my fellow Ames CrossFitters. We were doing a workout titled "Got Snatch?" and she was using a resistance band to help with pull-ups and was really working on her kipping motion at the same time. Unfortunately she got into the kipping a little too much and the band snapped up off of her foot and gave her the worst wedgie EVER! We all agreed "Got Snatch?" was the perfect name after what happened....she later came up with another...."Panties in a WOD"!!
Old 09-13-2008, 09:37 AM   #50
David Miller

Profile:

During a particularly heavy set of deadlifts I walked away from the bar to get a little jacked up for my last few reps...on the way back to the bar I spotted a ridiculously beautiful girl with an equally rockin' bod to go with it and got completely distracted......continued to walk without looking down, tripped over the bar and recovered just enough to not send my face through the wall..... Terrible....I've kept my mind on the weight and my workouts since that day.....