CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 08-18-2012, 02:14 PM   #2251
Andrew N. Casey

Profile:
Re: Heard in the Office Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Watson View Post
Some dude wouldn't let me work on the squat rack in between his sets, or use his kettlebell while he was squatting. Same weights and everything.
i still get puzzled by this...how exactly would he "not let you"?
Old 08-18-2012, 06:10 PM   #2252
Pearse Shields

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew N. Casey View Post
i still get puzzled by this...how exactly would he "not let you"?
Placed frag mines around the squat rack.
Old 08-19-2012, 05:25 AM   #2253
Daniela Jantzen

Profile:

"You can not become fit on a vegan diet!"
Quote of a shocked colleague of mine when I refused the pastries in our bistro and explained to him that I am vegan.
For the record: I lost 40lbs in a year, work out almost every day, am a comfortable size S while being quite lean (ah, those chocolate cravings), instead of a former (rather unfit) size L/XXL.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:46 AM   #2254
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

If anything a lot of Vegans tend to be on the slender side. Sometimes, skinny-fat, but in general in fairly decent shape. Same with vegetarians. Thing is since carbs tend to play a big role in their diets, I can see why they have a little pudge at times. Especially if they are not super active.

It is just too bad they don't get to eat a lot of tasty things by choice. Some vegans and vegetarians just don't like the taste of meat. My friend's brother is that way. He didn't like it much before the age of 9 and by that age he just decided to go vegetarian.

Lacto-ovo vegetarianism is pretty doable. I've been thinking I could probably do it (again, there was a 1 month stint about 10 years ago) if I can occasionally had some meat outside the house for lunch occasionally. Girl in question is basically vegan (she eats cheese) but doesn't give people guff about it. One of those ethical vegetarians who cannot come to grips with the fact of eating a living, breathing animal. At least those kind don't try to stuff it down everyone else's throats. I can respect someone for that opinion even if I don't have a quaim about eating something that had a face or killing it and eating it.

I try not to refuse pastries though I don't eat most pastries. Doughnuts on the other hand. It's been awhile but I've been good.

And honestly, things taste pretty good fried in lard.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:26 AM   #2255
Daniela Jantzen

Profile:

Giving lectures without being asked for is always a no-go. IMHO, people are old enough to decide what they want to eat and how.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:26 PM   #2256
Kim Thornton

Profile:

Haven't been on here in awhile...but here's a situation that made me giggle.

There is a male co-worker that lifts weights in the company gym and has for as long as I have worked there. I personally haven't noticed any physical changes on him over the last 7 years...(yes, 7) mainly because I don't think he ups his weights at all. Whatever, his business, right? He knows that I and another co-worker of ours crossfits, so occasionally he'll throw out questions at us. We answer to the best of our ability or refer him to a website if we don't know.

Anyway, today he makes the comment (loudly, mind you) that he "needs to come in an hour earlier in the mornings, because he JUST can't get all his cardio AND weightlifting done over the lunch hour. (He) needs to do more cardio."

I look at my CF buddy, smile, and trying NOT to sound snarky say, "Well, you could always crossfit and lift weights faster, then you won't have to worry about getting in earlier."

"Nah, I can't do that. Besides, how does that help me with my cardio?"
Old 06-11-2013, 09:15 PM   #2257
Nicholas Metzger

Profile:

Just my two cents... Although I disagree with what people eat and why they eat it (how they came to think it is ok to eat those things) I do also feel that its their choice to eat what they please... Unless they ask my opinion, or hire me as a personal nutrition consultant, who am I to criticize what they eat?

That being said, people also have the right to spend their time focusing on others doing things they disagree with...

"When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change"- Wayne W. Dyer
Old 06-15-2013, 08:29 PM   #2258
Kainoa Bostock

Profile:

Really old thread, I know, but I just finished reading through just about all of them and feel the need to share my own.
I work at a doggie day care place with several overweight individuals. It's located near the Boston docks, so the facility has some big loading dock doors (the kind that drop down from the ceiling). The doors were open one day when I was walking in, so I jumped the ~4 ft. from the parking lot ground to the facility floor.
Really big employee behind the desk: "did you just jump that?!?!?"
Me: *shrugs* "it was faster"
Her: