CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 09-29-2005, 11:10 AM   #1
Peter Borden

Profile:
This is a long, involved list of questions, so prepare yourself ;)

Physically, I'm 22, 6'4'', and 167lbs last time I checked. Bodyfat is around 12-13% from what I can calculate.

I've tried everything from 16-19 blocks a day, and haven't really hit a sweet spot just yet (more on that later). But, as someone who's tall (a big guy) but very lean and skinny (a medium guy), how many blocks would you reccomend that I consume?

In terms of activity level, I'd say 'm pretty high...which brings us to my real motivation for asking these questions. Recently I moved to Spain and whereas in the States I was doing the WOD daily with climbing 2-3x a week, here my activity level has shot up: more climbing, and MUCH more walking. The result is that I feel blasted all the time and my recovery has slowed down.

So, even though my BF % isn't below 10%, do I up the fat blocks in my meals or up the other nutrient blocks?
Old 09-29-2005, 08:09 PM   #2
Robert Wolf

Profile:
Peter-

If you are of the "hard gainer" ilk then it might be a good idea to up the block count and keep the fat at 1x levels for awhile. Once you hit a good intake level you should revover well and begin to lean out noticably. Try 20 blocks for a week and see how things go, report back if you like and then we can adjust from there.
Robb
Old 09-30-2005, 03:23 AM   #3
Peter Borden

Profile:
Rob, et al:

Can ones ability to gain change over time? I ask this because when I was bodybuilding years ago (and having many protein shakes a day, and a weightgainer shake every night), I gained mass readily, shooting from 175 to 240 in a little over a year. Now things seem to be different -- but I wouldnt have it any other way; my climbing goals make me slightly mass adverse at this point.