CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 04-27-2009, 07:03 AM   #1
Suhaila Sundararajan

Profile:
Suhaila's CrossFit Log

So I have a workout log already, but I decided it might be better to try starting one here as well, for feedback purposes. I am really new to almost every exercise, so I can use all the help I can get!

Background information / current status:

I'm a 24 year old, 100 lb Muslim girl, the only headscarf wearing girl in my YMCA, and possibly the only headscarf wearing CrossFitter (hoping to change the way Muslim girls see "fitness" in the process)! I'm recently out of university, working as a software engineer but currently very broke due to moving away from home and trying to support myself completely independently. It's a cruel world.

I did my first CrossFit WOD on February 13th (Fran); I started doing them consistently 3-on-1-off on February 25th. Prior to this, I had absolutely no physical training. I could jog for about 10 minutes (with great difficulty) before getting side splints and having to walk for a while. I also played tennis occasionally. I was persuaded to start CrossFit by my fiance, who is also my current workout buddy; he helps me correct my form as much as he can but it's really so bad that he can't help much.

My strength right now is sit-ups and... well that's about it. I can crank out regular unanchored sit-ups like there's no tomorrow, but I'm afraid of rhabdo after reading this board so haven't tried GHD sit-ups. I have tried decline sit-ups which I can also do pretty well, but the bench at the YMCA is almost always taken when I need it, so I tend to stick to regular floor sit-ups. Other than that... there's really nothing I'm good at right now, but I hope to change that pretty soon! In the meantime, sit-ups are what gives me hope that I am actually not hopeless. I actually beat my fiance's time on the 50 sit-ups, 50 double-unders, 50 sit-ups, 50 walking lunge steps, 50 sit-ups, 50 burpees, 50 sit-ups WOD! By quite a bit (although my burpees were horrible)!

I can do 1 full ROM push-up, which is a huge improvement since when I started I couldn't even do a half-ROM knee push-up. I still stick to knee push-ups for WODS which require a lot of reps.

I can do 1 jumping pull-up where I jump up halfway to the bar and then pull myself up the rest of the way (if I rest for about 5 minutes, I can do another one!). - Also a huge improvement since when I started I could barely hang. I still can't seem to figure out how to start myself moving at the bottom of a hang though... It's like I can only shrug my shoulders but I can't seem to unlock my elbows.

I can deadlift 95 lbs with perfect form. Every other lift needs a ton of work. I can do air squats, but not weighted squats. I managed to do a few back squats with a 25 lb bar, but my form seems to fall apart with any sort of weight.

Anyway, so that's where I am right now. I'm thinking of joining a CrossFit gym in order to get some better training but the cost right now seems way out of my budget. I'm trying to shift some things around though.

Last edited by Suhaila Sundararajan; 04-27-2009 at 07:06 AM..
Old 04-28-2009, 05:59 AM   #2
Suhaila Sundararajan

Profile:
Re: Suhaila's CrossFit Log

090428:
Shoulder press 1-1-1-1-1-1-1

30-40-40-40-40-40-40
Old 04-28-2009, 09:09 AM   #3
Laura Kurth

Profile:

hey, suhaila... welcome!
Old 04-30-2009, 05:37 AM   #4
Suhaila Sundararajan

Profile:

Thanks Laura!

090430:
21-15-9 reps of:
Clean 135 pounds
Ring dips

Scaled to clean 20 lbs. Subbed 2 parallel bar dips (machine assisted, 90 lbs) for each ring dip.

Someone started working in on the dip machine after the first set. Waited approx 2 minutes for him to finish before getting to start dips on the second round.
Time: 19′15 (but probably more like 17′15)
Old 05-01-2009, 05:41 AM   #5
Suhaila Sundararajan

Profile:

090501: Tabata Something Else
Complete 32 intervals of 20 seconds of work followed by ten seconds of rest where the first 8 intervals are pull-ups, the second 8 are push-ups, the third 8 intervals are sit-ups, and finally, the last 8 intervals are squats. There is no rest between exercises.

Post total reps from all 32 intervals to comments.

Gravitron pullups (80 lb assist). Knee pushups.

19 pullups, 31 pushups, 99 situps, 80 squats.

Could not keep track of reps in each interval, just the total for each exercise. I need to buy an Ironman watch.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:33 AM   #6
Suhaila Sundararajan

Profile:

090502: Hansen
Five rounds for time of:
2 pood Kettlebell swing, 30 reps
30 Burpees
30 Glute-ham sit-ups

Scaled to 3 rounds for time of:
18 lb kettlebell swing, 15 reps
15 knee pushups
15 unanchored floor situps

Time: 7'50
Old 05-04-2009, 05:58 AM   #7
Suhaila Sundararajan

Profile:

Front squat 3-3-3-3-3 reps

Skipped. Just moved in to my new apartment yesterday (finally graduated from my parents house!), so I decided to take a break today. Moving all those boxes was hard work!

Tonight and tomorrow, I'll go check out the Mississauga affiliates to see how much a membership will cost.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:24 AM   #8
Suhaila Sundararajan

Profile:

I went to Element CrossFit in Mississauga yesterday and used my free trial workout. It was awesome! I realized two things: 1- I work harder when a trainer is yelling at me than when my fiance is not yelling at me; and 2 - I have to work on everything! I am so deconditioned, it's not even funny I brought a friend from school with me to try CrossFit out for the first time and she almost matched me (after doing CrossFit for 2 months).

For our workout we did tabatas of rowing, push-ups, sit-ups, and squats. It is so much easier to do tabatas in a CrossFit gym than in a YMCA.

My score was:
Row (total calories burned from start): 3-4-12-17-21-25-39-34 (Total: 34)
Push-ups (knees to ground): 12-11-8-6-6-6-5-6 (Total: 60)
Sit-ups (anchored): 14-15-13-12-12-12-12-11 (Total: 101)
Squats (using medball for height): 11-12-13-12-11-10-10-10 (Total: 89)
Overall total: 373

I am thinking of joining! But if I did, I would have to change my workout routine to work out in the afternoon rather than at 5am. I suppose it's a small price to pay