CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 06-04-2014, 09:36 AM   #1
Jon Gilson

Profile:
Permanent 10% Military Discount from Again Faster

CrossFit has deep military roots. The program, borne of Greg Glassman's ability to synthesize effective fitness practices with the psychology of performance, found some of its first adherents in the SEAL Teams. These men understood the connection between physical preparedness and survival, and found a kindred spirit in Greg.

They knew the difference between mission and death could hinge on the smallest of differences, the rapid recovery of heart rate, the ability to hit that much harder, the endurance to go one more click. They knew CrossFit delivered the edge, and their discovery slowly wound its way through Special Forces and into the ranks.

In 2009 and 2010, I toured with the L1 Staff to dozens of military installations, including Bagram Air Base, Fort Stewart, Fort Meade, Fort Benning, Leavenworth, and the Aberdeen Proving Grounds, each time delivering Greg's tenets of constantly varied functional movement to a group of men who would use its outcomes for far greater purposes than I ever would. I was honored to teach those men, and now I'm in a position to help them just a bit more:

Again Faster is now offering a permanent 10% military discount on our website, available to both active military AND former members of the U.S. Armed Forces. It's good on nearly everything we sell, with only a few exceptions, (which I'll put at the end of the post).

I don't want cost to be the reason a Soldier or Marine, Airman or Sailor doesn't have the tools they need to win the fight. I don't want money to stand between a veteran and the gym that keeps his or her community fit and together.

Hopefully, this helps.

To use the discount, email militarysales@againfaster.com with a picture of your current or expired military identification. We'll verify, and send you a code for the site.

I love those who put on the uniform, both for their service and for the role they play in bringing CrossFit to the world. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

Respectfully, faithfully,

Jon

(Restrictions: Good for U.S. delivery or APO/FPO only (for now), and cannot be applied to flooring, turf, or rowers. Discount is applied to retail prices, and cannot be combined with other offers.)
Old 06-04-2014, 11:15 AM   #2
Bradley Newell

Profile:
Re: Permanent 10% Military Discount from Again Faster

Thanks Jon. I have bought 10 bars and a couple thousand lbs of weights from AF and the quality has been top notch. Thanks for supporting us serving with the discount. Keep making superior american made equipment.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:35 PM   #3
Adam Shreim

Profile:

Looks like I know where I am going to get my plyo-cube/3-sided box from. Thanks for posting this. Time to go find a scanner somewhere...
Old 06-05-2014, 05:07 AM   #4
Springer Blankenship

Profile:

Awesome!
Old 06-05-2014, 07:35 AM   #5
Nicholas Wheeler

Profile:

Jon, another idea, is to accept emails from @USMC.mil, @navy.mil, @USAF.mil or @army.mil - That's what a lot of phone companies do to verify military discounts =D Appreciate this!
Old 06-06-2014, 09:56 AM   #6
Matt A. Windsor

Profile:

Or mail.mil in many cases.

(What about those who are veterans but no longer have an ID card - can we send a copy of our DD-214?)
Old 06-09-2014, 09:41 AM   #7
Jon Gilson

Profile:

Hey Guys,

We will absolutely accept email from a .mil address as verification, as well as discharge papers and other forms of proof of service that meet a standard of reasonableness.

We're looking to make this as easy as possible for our Soldiers, Marines, Sailors, and Airmen.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Best,

Jon
Old 06-09-2014, 11:51 AM   #8
Robert D Taylor Jr

Profile:

I can show you plenty of .mil emails from people who did not serve. I would insist on pictures of that person handling an assault rifle, better with a grenade launcher attached.

Seriously, what a nice gesture. Thank you.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:25 PM   #9
Eric Montgomery

Profile:

If you haven't already, try getting ahold of the ID.me guys--they started out simply as Troopswap which offered daily deals for active duty and vets, but shifted to doing verification for veterans/students/senior citizens/etc. for companies like UnderArmour and Best Buy who wanted to offer online discounts to certain populations.
Old 06-09-2014, 12:57 PM   #10
Nicholas Wheeler

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Montgomery View Post
If you haven't already, try getting ahold of the ID.me guys--they started out simply as Troopswap which offered daily deals for active duty and vets, but shifted to doing verification for veterans/students/senior citizens/etc. for companies like UnderArmour and Best Buy who wanted to offer online discounts to certain populations.
I forgot all about troopswap. Wasn't it like groupon/woot but for military only. I think I got some awesome deals there.