CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 05-26-2012, 11:56 AM   #1
Lucas King

Profile:
Rogue Abram GHD vs Again Faster

Has anyone had experience with both of these? Im leaning towards the Rogue because I'm told it's build like a tank, but it's huge. The again faster is a much better size for me but I've never heard anything about it so not sure how good it would be.

Last edited by Lucas King : 05-26-2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:32 PM   #2
Bryan Rowland

Profile:
Re: Rogue Abram GHD vs Again Faster

I don't own either. I do have a wright equipment ghd. Whay your going to find is all ghd's have a large foot print.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:52 PM   #3
Lucas King

Profile:

Definitely, but right now my living room and gym share the same space. So the difference between rogues 70x40 and AFs 58x31 is huge!
Old 05-27-2012, 05:50 AM   #4
Jon Gilson

Profile:

Lucas,

The Again Faster GHD is very solid. It weighs in at 174 pounds, has a single adjustment point, and a high density split pad. I designed it to be easy to use and bombproof, and we stand behind the product 100%.

The customer feedback has been great. We survey our clients regularly with a fact-based questionnaire to prevent the "Dude, it's the best thing since sliced bread, you're awesome" responses, and agreement on build quality has been universal.

Here's a copy of a recent survey from a home gym CrossFitter:

"Product in review: Again Faster GHD

1. What are your thoughts on the quality and overall finish of the equipment?

The quality is excellent. It is solid and can handle any and all use. Finish is great.

2. How easy or difficult was the equipment to install and/or assemble? Do you have any tips or suggestions you’d like to share?

The equipment was very easy to assemble. I used my own tools, for convenience, but I had the GHD and the squat rack together in less then an hour. I am not very mechanically inclined and stay away from products that I have to put together. This GHD was so easy to assemble that I did not mind at all. Instructions and the way accessories were labeled were idiot proof. A kid can put this together if necessary.

3. Does the product work as you expected? Please describe your experience.

The product met all my expectations. I ordered from again faster due to the great reputation of the company. I am now a believer in Again Faster products. My garage gym is equipped exclusively with Again Faster products.

4. Can you compare this equipment to other products like this that you may have seen or used? What were the differences in quality, ease of assembly, and ease of use?

I have used and seen other GHD’s at gyms and affiliates. This GHD is better built and as solid as any I have ever used. The fact is, that this is a better product then most gyms have in use. Quality is great.

5. Do you feel that the equipment is appropriately priced? Did you get what you paid for?

The price was very appropriate. I definitely got my monies worth. Quality isn’t cheap, and cheap isn’t quality. That rule doesn’t apply here, since the GHD was cheap in price considering the high quality.

6. How would you rate the quality of the equipment packaging upon delivery?

Packaging was adequate. It had been roughed up a a little, but it happened during the shipping phase.

7. How did we do with the timeliness of service and delivery?

Service and delivery were the best part of this deal. Service was always excellent. Communication was great and everyone was just as eager to help. Delivery was as promised in a couple of days.

8. Would you recommend this product to a friend?

Absolutely, yes.

9. Would you recommend Again Faster to a friend?

I would recommend Again Faster to friends and family. Most important of all, I will no longer waste my time shopping around for products. Your prices and customer service are unparalleled. Trust me, I spent several months researching prices and comparing, not just the prices, but the quality of products. It took one phone call to Again Faster to make me a lifetime customer."

I hope that helps. If you have any questions at all about the GHD, just shout. Post here, or shoot me an email at jon@againfaster.com. You can also talk to our customer service team, all CrossFitters, at 617 460 5999 from 9a to 8p EST, Monday through Friday.

Best,

Jon
Old 05-27-2012, 07:18 AM   #5
Lucas King

Profile:

Awesome, thanks Jon! That was exactly what I was looking for, as soon as they come back in stock in Canada I'll definitely grab one.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:58 AM   #6
William Henniger

Profile:

Lucas:

Our GHD is built from bottom to top in Columbus Ohio. We took elements the feedback from our customers and built it to that spec. The biggest issue with GHD's is the wobble, that is not an issue with the Abram.

The weight is 200LBS which is an indication of the steel involved in the construction. There are some reviews here: http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-abram-ghd.php wfs

There are other threads discussing this piece of equipment as well.

If you get it and for some reason you are unhappy with it we will have it shipped back to Rogue!

If you have any other questions feel free to email us team@roguefitness.com or call 614.358.6190

Thanks,

Bill
Old 05-27-2012, 08:50 AM   #7
Lucas King

Profile:

Appreciate the comment Bill, Im a rogue fan. Ive ordered a lot from Rogue, but going to go AF for size difference on this one! It's most likely going to between my couch and tv, so need it to be smaller so we can still walk by. . Just needed to make sure it was still solid, which it sounds like it is.

Last edited by Lucas King : 05-27-2012 at 08:55 AM.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:11 AM   #8
Tom Scibelli

Profile:

I just bought an againfaster GHD. I did a you tube video about it bc I thought it would help ppl interested in purchasing one bc I could not find anything on this product when I was looking at GHD's.

http://youtu.be/RE-ISkhSftc
Old 11-18-2012, 03:45 PM   #9
Peter Pen

Profile:

Abram has bigger footplate, wheels in the back and band pegs.
Based on the weight alone, probably a better steel.
Wish Rogue had some Deluxe version with even bigger foot plate and vertical adjustment for foot support.
Meanwhile EliteFTS has my money.

EDIT: I would also look at Edge Fitness Equipment, they make one nice GHD at a very attractive price, Elite's are on a steep side.

Last edited by Peter Pen : 11-18-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:48 PM   #10
Matt Thomas

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Gilson View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Henniger View Post
Let Mortal Kombat begin! O_O