CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 09-12-2006, 01:48 AM   #1
Israel Halperin

Profile:
hello all,

so this is the deal, 3+ month ago, i found an oly gym right near my house. the gym is very well equipped and, and the people who train there are only professional Russians who compete very heavily.

at first, when i started training there i got some attention from the coaches,as they were thinking the OLY is the only thing in my mind and that i might compete in the future.

after 2-3 month of training twice a weeek tops, the little attention that i got wasnt there anymore, i had to train by my self with a few corrections here and there by some of the trainers. i began feeling my shoulders in a bad way after a while.

lately i am thinking about quiting the OLY gym and begin training with a powerlifting gym that is also not far from where i live. i know for a fact that in the powerlifting gym people will help me improve and watch my technics. on the other hand, it will be a shame to stop with the OLY as they are an improtent part of crossfit.

what do you guys think i should do ?

thanks
Old 09-12-2006, 03:00 AM   #2
Gorm Laursen

Profile:
Open your mouth! Simply tell them to instruct you, as that's what they make a living of. If they tell you to p*** off, you can always deflate yourself and ask them for personal lessons at an extra reasonable fee. Even though they are russian olympic lifters, they're still humans and therefore within reach of communication.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:16 AM   #3
Israel Halperin

Profile:
i wish it was that simple. the gym is free of charge and supposely they are funded by the university or something of that sort. anyways i tried telling them and even offered some money but they are just not interested..
Old 09-12-2006, 08:42 AM   #4
Gorm Laursen

Profile:
Well ... It looks like you really haven't got a case, even though it's lousy to offer a service that really isn't there. But perhaps you could team up with one or more and assert some pressure on them by your mere presence?!