CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 07-28-2005, 11:26 AM   #11
Sebastian Montgomery

Profile:

The swings tend to get the tight-lipped fear look at my gym, too.
I had a guy come up to me during the DL strenght day and tell me I had way too much energy bouncing all over the gym like that (guess he was referring to my warmup since I was firmly planted at the Oly platform for the most part). I replied "ha, this is a tame day!"
Old 07-28-2005, 12:43 PM   #12
Ron Nelson

Profile:
I love "gym nightmare" threads!

Spotted yesterday:
My new favorite member; the guy wearing gloves and a belt using only the machines. Priceless!

Dad(?) showing his sons how to work out doing those shoulder raise exercises. You know, the ones where you take a tremendous amount of weight, say 10lbs. and lift it straight out in front of you or to the side. Really targets those delts, boy! What's so bad about this is they were doing this over the top of me while I was warming up with sit ups/push ups/squats/good mornings/60lb swings. I finally must have scared them enough because dad says, "Come over this way so he can do his work." Gosh, you think?
Old 07-28-2005, 02:23 PM   #13
David Easton

Profile:
Ron

I work in a gym and I have guys who train together and they do front delt raises at the same time!!

Picture it...4 guys al doing front delt raises with 10kg plates at the same time ..in a wave!!!

And like you said they are doing this while I am warming up with pull ups/press ups/squats etc.

And they ask " Are you doing a circuit today?"
Old 07-28-2005, 11:26 PM   #14
Kalen Meine

Profile:
I'm lacking a sandbag, so I lugged my barbell, Inman style, a mile and ahalf around a local lake. Got some good comments on that one. Two ladies gossiping and rollerblading (slowly. Really slowly)- "Psst- I think he's getting a better workout than us) Long haired runnerbeast (can't fault him, he was tearing up the path)- "Oh my god. You're nuts." followed by "Awesome work buddy, that was great" when we crossed paths again . The best was the guy who asked if I needed help putting it back in my car. I told him I had it, I'd already carried it around the lake. He froze. I gestured, "as in, the whole lake." He looked mortified, and walked away a bit confused. Oh, and the guy on the bike who asked if I was doing this of my own free will...
Old 07-29-2005, 06:23 AM   #15
Troy Archie

Profile:
That reminds me when I was running a sandbag mile at the high school track and as I ran by the team coach, he just crossed his arms and shook his head at me...
Old 07-29-2005, 07:37 AM   #16
Lincoln Brigham

Profile:
It's clear from the comments that some people kind of get it - "circuit training", "awesome workout", "a better workout than us" - and some people shall forever remain clueless.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:56 AM   #17
Albert Clayton

Profile:
I had a guy tell me after doing some back squats, " That science has already proven that squats are an incredible dangerous exercise". I said, uh yeah. He was waiting on the squat rack so he could do some heavy shrugs. I need to invest in some squat stands.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:14 PM   #18
Don Woodson

Profile:
http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/3499/12398.jpg
Old 07-29-2005, 12:32 PM   #19
Jeff Martin

Profile:
Classic. Should be a T-shirt.
Old 07-29-2005, 02:19 PM   #20
andrea nitz

Profile:  
That's one of the funniest things I've ever seen!! :rofl: