CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 02-22-2011, 01:57 PM   #1341
Deb Weber

Profile:
Re: Marianne's log

how's your program going?
Old 02-22-2011, 02:05 PM   #1342
Marianne Urbanski

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb Borbone View Post
how's your program going?
It is going well. i haven't posted because i spillled wine on my laptop at home and it is now... well.. in the computer hospital!!

I have been continuing with snatch/clean and jerk/front and back squat..

today was (again... I started light and movd to the heavy ones, but it is backwards on the excell sheet which I copied and pasted here.

day 8
snatch
80% 5 x 1 50#

78% 1 x 2 50#

70% 2x 2 45 #

cln+jerk
82% 5 x 1 @ 75#

73% 1 x 2 70#

front squat
85% 2 x 2 120#

I have only done lifting for a couple of weeks now. (well.. i did a lot of core work on my own on Sat ...) (varies 3 or 4 days), but my shoulder is really starting to bother me.. I am going to see how it does this week with a planned 4 days and if it still acts up, I will decrease this to 3 days and do one or two wod day. .

Last edited by Marianne Urbanski : 02-22-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:44 PM   #1343
Deb Weber

Profile:

sorry about the LT!! I have to say I have come close, but always narrowly avoided that, knock wood.

nice work here! my shoulders are sore a lot too. Have you tried icing them after your workouts; and I remember now for some weird reason, when they have me press (just press) that makes them feel better. I keep forgetting to ask him why!!
Old 02-23-2011, 04:54 PM   #1344
Nancy Cohen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianne Urbanski View Post
It is going well. i haven't posted because i spillled wine on my laptop at home and it is now... well.. in the computer hospital!!
Dear Laptop,

Get Well Soon!
Old 02-24-2011, 07:46 AM   #1345
Marianne Urbanski

Profile:

Quote:
sorry about the LT!! I have to say I have come close, but always narrowly avoided that, knock wood.

nice work here! my shoulders are sore a lot too. Have you tried icing them after your workouts; and I remember now for some weird reason, when they have me press (just press) that makes them feel better. I keep forgetting to ask him why!!
Deb: the idea of icing my shoulders has crossed my mind, but unfortunately I have been doing my workouts before work, so there isn't any time.. I agree on the press though.. this program doesn't have press, but only has OHS (in snatch) and jerk. I think it is more of a "jerky" motion on the shoulders so it stresses them more than a simple press. today I took advil pre-workout and made it through so far. I have been doing some "extra reps" lately, but today I stuck exactly to the program and didn't stress it any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Cohen View Post
Dear Laptop,

Get Well Soon!
thanks Nancy.. I am hoping it is only the screen, but we will see today when my son brings it to the apple store.

Today: was Day 9 (I did warm up for all lifts, but didn't list those numbers here).

Snatch
85%: 1 x 2, 50#
92%: 1 x 1, 53#
100%: 1 x 1 55#

clean and jerk
90%: 1 x 1 85#
100%: 1 x 1: 95#

Back squat:
85%: 1 x 2: 145
95% 1 x 1: 160
100% 1x2: 165# (this one I tried for max reps since it really isn't my 100%, but I chickened out after 2 reps.. I might have made the 3rd, but I was afraid to fail after all the work I did today... )

Hope my laptop gets better soon!!
Old 02-24-2011, 02:37 PM   #1346
Marianne Urbanski

Profile:

Quote:

Deb: the idea of icing my shoulders has crossed my mind, but unfortunately I have been doing my workouts before work, so there isn't any time.. I agree on the press though.. this program doesn't have press, but only has OHS (in snatch) and jerk. I think it is more of a "jerky" motion on the shoulders so it stresses them more than a simple press. today I took advil pre-workout and made it through so far. I have been doing some "extra reps" lately, but today I stuck exactly to the program and didn't stress it any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy Cohen View Post
Dear Laptop,

Get Well Soon!
thanks Nancy.. I am hoping it is only the screen, but we will see today when my son brings it to the apple store.

Today: was Day 9 (I did warm up for all lifts, but didn't list those numbers here).

Snatch
85%: 1 x 2, 50#
92%: 1 x 1, 53#
100%: 1 x 1 55#

clean and jerk
90%: 1 x 1 85#
100%: 1 x 1: 95#

Back squat:
85%: 1 x 2: 145
95% 1 x 1: 160
100% 1x2: 165# (this one I tried for max reps since it really isn't my 100%, but I chickened out after 2 reps.. I might have made the 3rd, but I was afraid to fail after all the work I did today... )

Hope my laptop gets better soon!!
Old 02-28-2011, 06:10 PM   #1347
Marianne Urbanski

Profile:

Laptop still broken, so haven't been posting in a while. I decided I am going to do the lifting program 3 days/ week only to let my shoulder rest. Friday, i did the "dirty thirty" 30 of each...cal row, thrusters(33/45), jumping pull ups, sit-ups, kb swings, wall ball, burpees, rusian twists, walking lunges. (I think that was everything). 18:54. This was slow compared to many people, burpees killed me. I did some workouts on my own this weekend at home and was back to lifting today.
Don't have the exact numbers, but it was a fairly light day. Worked that form..
Old 03-10-2011, 03:56 PM   #1348
Marianne Urbanski

Profile:

laptop is realy out of commission and it is a pain to log these workouts on my ipad, so i haven't been too good. I have been doing the lifting program according to the Bulgarian lifting program about 3 days a week. I am going to do day 15 tomorrow. I am feeling good with that. I think I started with the weight a little too light, so I have been increasing a little.

I have done a couple of wod's ..
Monday was 15 min :
every minute on the minute do 3 SDLHP (KB), 6 pushups, 9 squats, then for the remainder of the minute do as many thrusters as you can
score is total weight moved
I used 55# and did 73 thrusters = 4015 total weight moved

Yesterday I did
Chief:
“The chief”
3 Power cleans (135/95) first time RX for this!! (well,, I did 93#)
6 pushup
9 air squats
5 three min rounds with 1 min rest in between. no partial rounds count.
I got 19 rounds.

(3/10 used 83#, 19 rounds)
Old 03-10-2011, 04:32 PM   #1349
Nik Nichols

Profile:

WOHOO congrat on the RXd chief! I haven't done that workout yet.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:26 AM   #1350
Marianne Urbanski

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nik Nichols View Post
WOHOO congrat on the RXd chief! I haven't done that workout yet.
thanks Nik.. I actually programed the week at our gym and I put that one in there. Chief is one of my favorite workouts. I defintiely think the oly lifting program I am doing is helping because 100 was my previous 1rm for cleans and I did chief at 93#(19 rounds x 3 cleans=57 cleans!!)
I am on day 15 today with the program and it goes for 23 days. I am doing it 3 days a week. I started with 4 days;/week, but it was hurting my shoulder, so I backed down. I am also keeping it lighter to work on form ..