CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 09-26-2012, 07:32 AM   #11
Andrew N. Casey

Profile:
Re: Frustrated with body changes

take a look at the women the competed in the CF games. is that the body you desire? if so, then keep doing CF. if not, then find the body you want and do what those people do. doing CF is great for health and fitness and with proper diet will give you a strong lean body. but it won't make you look like a figure competitor, victoria secret model, or your favorite celebrity. if you want to look like one of those then do their programs and follow their diets. most CF women have muscular legs, butts, thighs, and hips. they have V-shaped back, big shoulders, traps that pop, and strong defined arms. can they be attractive? absolutely! fit is always more attractive than fat! but they are not going to look like a skinny little waif and they won't wear size 2 jeans. they are going to look like an athlete because that is how they train. if you like the CF type workout and feel of the box, then you can always just drop heavy lifting, do metcon only type workouts, and adjust your diet to start losing weight. but just be aware that if you do a bunch of pullups, HSPU's, squats, KB swings, etc then you will look like a person that does those things.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:03 AM   #12
Deb Weber

Profile:

I dont know, I've ALWAYS had a big butt. always, even when I weighed 135#. Done all kinds of training, and the butt stayed w/me thru thick and thin. Im not really dissatisfied with that.... I say, EMBRACE THE BUTT!
(Im NOT self conscious enough to not post my pic weighing 80kg.... I dont wanna scare anyone though )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	butt_1024x768.jpg
Views:	1422
Size:	222.2 KB
ID:	9791  
Old 09-26-2012, 11:23 AM   #13
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Quote:
EMBRACE THE BUTT!

Words to live by and operate by or under.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:24 PM   #14
Michelle Stafford

Profile:
Smile Re: Frustrated with body changes

I understand how you feel, but strong is the new sexy girl, so embrace it. I used to fret about becoming bulky. But now I love being strong and being able to perform. It really comes down to what YOU want out of life and what makes YOU happy. What are your goals? your expectations of yourself? and what makes you happy?

Once your determine those aspects in your life, you can develop a plan to reach those goals and feel good doing so. It's all about direction and mindset. Crossfit for me is a journey that challenges me both physically and mentally and I love it!!!!!! So bring on the muscle!!

Watch this Crossfit Video, Titled Beauty in Strength: http://community.crossfit.com/video/beauty-strength

Last edited by Michelle Stafford : 09-26-2012 at 01:31 PM.
Old 09-26-2012, 02:19 PM   #15
Deb Weber

Profile:

eh. Ive been heavy, stringbean-y, muscle-y, pretty cut, now stronger and not cut. your bodyshape is your bodyshape, can change it a bit but everybody genetically predisposed to different things, incl. carrying your weight in certain places. Grass is always greener. Its just the outside of you, after all. should embrace our diffs.
Too much 'perfect' in the media, if you ask me; celebrities et al are starting to look like chiclets....freaking BOOOO-ring.
Old 09-27-2012, 10:28 AM   #16
Ted Apollo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb Weber View Post
EMBRACE THE BUTT!
We are all shaped different and regardless of how much we work out we are what we are. I would stay focus on the performance and your butt will follow.....

If you are really looking to shed pounds then hit the pavement and do some LSD (long slow distance). 2 hour runs will shed the weight quick
Old 09-27-2012, 11:47 AM   #17
Matt A. Windsor

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair Robert Lowe View Post
Words to live by and operate by or under.
This.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:13 AM   #18
Helen M Brennan

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt A. Windsor View Post
This.
this

h
Old 09-28-2012, 03:59 PM   #19
Steve Higgins

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen M Brennan View Post
this

h

This ^

(I couldnt resist the urge)
Old 09-30-2012, 05:17 AM   #20
Deb Weber

Profile:

I don't know, its better than a flat butt. I wouldnt want to shop for jeans to fit a coffee-bean butt.... Funny because all the drama about the royal somebody's butt a while back, I kept thinking, WHAT butt? where's her butt? show me the butt!! And - guys should have SOME kinda butt. I like that!

I'll admit I've wished at times I was smaller (the leverages for WL are much better when youre not so tall). But I'll never lose my tentacle arms & legs and butt. That now have quite a bit of fat on them.

I note that guys rarely have a thread where they are concerned about cellulite, butt too big or small, dissatisfaction with body image??? Its usually, they want to be STRONG.

What is the standard anymore and who is setting it? I caught Rocky Horror Picture Show (that's a 70's thing) a week or two ago and it struck me how different things were; it prompted us to throw toast in the theater, not critique the women's physiques.

But I still think muscle makes everything better. Even then I weight trained. Stupidly (spa lady pink dumbbells) but I did it.

If it gets bigger but its muscle, I like it. A lot of women's ideas are still 70's based; a lady followed me out of gym yesterday, talking about how great Im training and how she would like my muscles (? I really dont have anymore) but she felt training with WEIGHTS was radical (she said, 'oh i run with 2 lb things in my hands.' HUH?)
My DIL, trying to lose baby weight, I told her I'll PAY for foundation classes - no answer; her family bought her "insanity". Her mom told me she wants advice, wants "tone" but not muscle. They think CF is extreme. I didn't have the heart for another, "no such thing, just muscle or lack thereof."

CF/strength training+decent diet is good for making you look as good as YOU can.
Attached Images

Last edited by Deb Weber : 09-30-2012 at 05:20 AM.