CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 01-20-2009, 11:39 PM   #1
Mike Humphries

Profile:
Park workout in Washington?

My wife and I would like to do a saturday morning workout at a park here in Lacey, WA. We have some medicine balls and homemade sandbags, so we could definitely throw together something tiring. We were also going to test out the sled we made afterward. If anyone in the area is interested, the date we're shooting for is January 31st at about 8 or 9am. Follow up on this post if you'd like to come and we'll see what we can figure out!
Old 01-21-2009, 04:45 PM   #2
Tom Catey

Profile:
Re: Park workout in Washington?

Sounds like fun. I am up in Puyallup but would make a trip down to Lacy for a workout. I will keep an eye on the post to see what gets put together. Thanks.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:01 PM   #3
Mike Humphries

Profile:

Tom,

If you do come down it very well may be just the three of us! Got any ideas for the workout? I was thinking some combination of sandbag carries, burpees, wall balls or slam balls and running, for 4 or 5 rounds. We'd like to try and get something like this going semi-regularly, which makes us our own guinea pigs. Fun stuff.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:09 AM   #4
Tom Catey

Profile:

I am up for what ever we can put together. I work out of my garage for the most part and have a pretty good garage gym for my workouts. I mainly do met con type stuff so it sounds like what you have in mind is what I like to do. Let me know if you need me to bring down any gear. My wife will probably come down as well so that would be at least 4... Thanks for getting back to me.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:09 AM   #5
Mike Humphries

Profile:

Tom,

We're going to have to cancel the park workout this weekend. We thought we had someone to watch our 14 month old, but that fell through. I'm in the National Guard and I play a lot of volleyball tournaments on the weekends, so I don't know when we'll be able to try this again. I'll put up a post and see who responds if we get another free weekend though!
Old 01-30-2009, 06:32 PM   #6
Tom Catey

Profile:

Mike,

Sorry to hear that. I know what you are saying about kids and work they certainly do take up a lot of time. Thanks for letting me know and I hope we can get it put together sometime soon.

Tom
Old 01-31-2009, 09:55 AM   #7
Tom Catey

Profile:

Mike,

Dang, I wake up on Saturday morning and I see sunny skies. Too bad we could not put that park work out together it looks like it was a great day for it. I thought it was supposed to rain. Oh well I will put together something for the garage. Hopefully we can get something going later. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.