CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 06-07-2008, 08:27 AM   #1
Craig Chan

Profile:
Pull ups limit?

Hello first like to say hi to everyone. Im new to this forum. I think i have posted this in the right place if not sorry.

My problem is i dont seem to be improving on the number of pull ups. Is there such thing as a limit? I have been doing them for nearly 2 years now. I can now do 28 strict pull ups without lower body movement. When i first started i could add 2 pull ups on every 2 weeks. For the last 4 or 5 months i've only added about 2 or 3 on. When i first started i was doing them everyday with no rest for weeks, but now i found out im not improving. Have i reached my limit?or is there no such thing.

Not sure if this is relevant but this was my training routine for pull ups was doing about 60 a day in sets of 3 but not all at the same time. I would have about a one hour rest inbetween them. Sometimes i would do 200 a day but i would do them in 15's and have about 15 minutes rest.

Thank you for your time
Old 06-07-2008, 10:05 AM   #2
J

Profile:

Re: Pull ups limit?

28 strict pull-ups is already a great achievement. What are you going to do with all these pull-ups? And why would you want more?

Sounds like you put a lot of effort into your pull-up numbers. Why not focus this effort on some other aspect of your fitness since you've already come this far with the pull-ups?
Old 06-07-2008, 11:20 AM   #3
Lincoln Brigham

Profile:
Re: Pull ups limit?

Time to change the routine and add some weighted pullups.