CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 12-20-2006, 06:08 AM   #1
Leon Robotham

Profile:
In January I will be teaming up with an extraodinary man to learn about something which may be of great interest to the people of CF. Dr Tom Balchin is the man I talk of. He created ARNI which stands for Action for Rehabilitation from Neurological Injury. Many stroke survivors go through physiotherapy but never quite reach full mobility or strength. The program that he is running will be bridging the gap between stroke survivors and the gym . To check out what its all about follow this safe link to www.arni.uk.com and read about the fantastic things that this charity has already achieved. In early next year a training partner and I will be offering this service to stroke survivors in our community and aiming to bring them up to full strength. Once they have reached a significant level of mobility and strength there will be coaching of KB exercises for rehab and then moving into gyms which is an amazing achievement. I would hope that with this success we may be able to get the survivors onto a scaled CF wod to then improve in all areas of fitness.

This is a registered charity and is not for profit

It works.