CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 12-10-2008, 11:58 AM   #1
Tim Lofton

Profile:
Okay, so Chelsea is harder than I anticipated...

...and I know all of these benchmark WODs are meant to be tough. I couldn't get past two rounds before my minute expired for each round. So I scaled and went for AMRAP in 20 minutes. Got 8 full (and a partial). Everything from my ribcage on up is numb now. Can't wait to coach rebounding drills at my son's basketball practice tonight.

tim
Old 12-10-2008, 01:59 PM   #2
Doug Blankenship

Profile:
Re: Okay, so Chelsea is harder than I anticipated...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Lofton View Post
...and I know all of these benchmark WODs are meant to be tough. I couldn't get past two rounds before my minute expired for each round. So I scaled and went for AMRAP in 20 minutes. Got 8 full (and a partial). Everything from my ribcage on up is numb now. Can't wait to coach rebounding drills at my son's basketball practice tonight.

tim
I attempted Chelsea about six months into CF, I got 15 rounds in before my power started going down and my muscles fatigued. Chelsea is a beast but can be owned in time, I have not went head to head with her in some time but I should be able to exceed 25 rounds without a problem now. We will see next time she pops up.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:14 PM   #3
Shane Skowron

Profile:

You should be able to do a 20 round Cindy with ease before you can accomplish a Chelsea.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:56 PM   #4
Tim Lofton

Profile:

Okay, thanks Shane. I didn't realize that; I do have a little more insight now. I think it was still a beneficial workout, but obviously nowhere near as Rx'd.
Maybe I'll stick to Cindys, Helens, and Nicoles for a while, as well as mixing in other WODs that don't have such "stiff" prerequisites. Thanks for the input.

tim
Old 12-10-2008, 04:22 PM   #5
Doug Blankenship

Profile:

Shane did sum it up with regards to Cindy, I can hit 23 to 24 rounds of Cindy now. Get there first then take on Chelsea.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:49 PM   #6
Tim Lofton

Profile:

Sorry all, I feel pretty stupid now that I realize that Cindy and Chelsea are identical exercises over differing time segments. It makes sense that a 9 - 10round Cindy is not going to do well at Chelsea. So much for awareness...

tim
Old 12-14-2008, 12:45 PM   #7
Guy Crossland

Profile:
Thumbs up Re: Okay, so Chelsea is harder than I anticipated...

You will get there.I remember attempting Cindy about 2 -3 years ago and getting about 12 rounds and looking upon those who got 20+ as unreal.However at the age of 44 I can now do the magical 20 rounds.You will get to the level you want of that I am sure and then Chelsea will slot into place!!
Old 12-17-2008, 03:59 PM   #8
Chris Dunbar

Profile:

I just finished my 1st Chelsea today. I've had a 24 rd cindy for a while but Chelsea hasn't come around since then. I'd like to see what my Cindy will be next time around. I found the Workout easier if you just focus on completing 5 rounds at a time.

Cheers
Chris
Old 12-21-2008, 06:41 PM   #9
Cormac O'Connor

Profile:

Going through the WOD archives, I found this from Jan. 4, 2004 on how to go beyond rx'ed:

"Chelsea"

Set up before a clock, and every minute on the minute perform 5 pull-ups, 10 push-ups, and 15 squats. Can you continue for thirty minutes? Twenty minutes? How about 10? Post results to comments. If you fall behind the clock keep going for thirty minutes and see how many rounds you can complete.

If you've finished the workout before this time add +1 to each exercise, i.e., 6 pull-ups, 11 push-ups, and 16 squats each minute, and see if you can go the full thirty minutes. We've seen +3. Any +4's?
Old 12-27-2008, 04:53 AM   #10
Ajay Bulchandani

Profile:

haha oh man was I COMPLETELY wrong about chelsea, for some reason, I thought it meant that you start each exercise at the start of each minute so that it takes you 3 mins to complete a round...time to forget about her...for now

this came from a pushup routine I used to do in high school, at the turn over of every minute, do 20 pushups...usually by the 8th set, you began to fail. obviously with that, the quicker you finish the 20, the longer you get to rest during the rest of the minute