CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 12-22-2010, 08:10 PM   #1
Andrew Cochran

Profile:
Friend's Pullup achievement

So I have been doing Crossfit for a while and have been trying to convince a guy that I work with to try it. I have not been able to workout with him due to conflicts of schedule, we used to workout everyday pre-my finding Crossfit.

For the last month and a half he has been telling me that he has been doing the Crossfit WOD's with his neighbor. He is not the smallest guy at 6'4" 295... and was never able to really push himself when we used to workout so I assumed that he was taking the same approach when doing WOD's, completing them but with no intensity.

Today I was plesently suprised when we were able to workout together. At the gym that he normally works out at it has a pullup assist station. At the gym we went to today, no such machine. So during the warmup I say "Well it is do or die time, lets see if you can do some pullups on your own" He got up there and banged out 6 pullups easy and came down with the biggest smile on his face. Said that was the first time that he had done a pullup on his own since 1997, and was able to get 6 and could have done more... He is now down to 270lbs and is feeling great. Has changed his eating habits, and is drinking the koolaid.

Just thought that I would share the good news. I was blown away and will not doubt that he is actually doing WODs like they are supposed to be done...
Old 12-23-2010, 04:41 PM   #2
Jordan Buckelew

Profile:
Re: Friend's Pullup achievement

That's so awesome! I love hearing stories like this. Give him a big pat on the back for me!
Old 12-27-2010, 09:17 AM   #3
Lisa Erickson

Profile:

That's so Rad! I'm sure he is really proud of himself. I'll never forget my first pull-ups...tear.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:06 PM   #4
Justin Heller

Profile:

Awesome story. Same goes for my wife, who never had any experience in a gym prior to crossfit, except for the elliptical machine. 6 months later she can get 2 or 3 dead hang pull ups with no bands! What a great feeling.