CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 10-27-2007, 09:01 PM   #1
Nicholas Hahn

Profile:
Tall Man Muscle-up

I'm 6'4" and there are a lot of things tall guys are good at: deadlift and rowing are two of them. Muscle-ups aren't one of them. I finally figured them out today.

I just want to tell any tall guys/gals out there that are struggling for a muscle up that it isn't as hard as it seems. Practice pull-ups and dips and just do it. Don't worry too much beyond the false grip. I'm convinced that over-thinking the movement made it more difficult than it actually was. I had just done Jackie and 31 pull-ups straight through after that. I figured there was no way I would get it.

I just stepped up and disregarded all the advice I'd been given about elbows being close to my sides, leaning, etc., etc., etc. and just did it on a whim.