CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 01-09-2012, 06:56 AM   #11
Graeme Moore

Profile:
Re: rich froning jr's diet?

Come on guys, open your eyes. Rich Froning was created by the CIA in a disused warehouse in Wisconsin. He was grown using genetic material recovered from Roswell. Glassman has been in their pocket for years, using illegally siphoned CIA seed money to develop a format that would allow the US Government to unleash Froning aka Subject RX-1 on the world. Unfortunately, the KGB managed to infiltrate the operation and attempt sabotage, hence the softball throw. It's all true, I read it somewhere......
Old 01-09-2012, 07:20 AM   #12
Andrew N. Casey

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme Moore View Post
Come on guys, open your eyes. Rich Froning was created by the CIA in a disused warehouse in Wisconsin. He was grown using genetic material recovered from Roswell. Glassman has been in their pocket for years, using illegally siphoned CIA seed money to develop a format that would allow the US Government to unleash Froning aka Subject RX-1 on the world. Unfortunately, the KGB managed to infiltrate the operation and attempt sabotage, hence the softball throw. It's all true, I read it somewhere......
i knew it!
Old 01-09-2012, 07:22 AM   #13
Andrew N. Casey

Profile:

i think the reason you will probably have a hard time finding "the type of diet" the he follows is because he probably doesn't follow one. at his age, activity level, etc, he probably eats whatever he wants whenever he wants and doesn't even keep track of what het eats, how much, or how often. and it probably changes everyday based on what he is in the mood for.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:58 AM   #14
Renata Speranza

Profile:

Hi

If it helps, I can tell you, that Annie (Iceland-Annie) told us at our Gym (when she was on a visit), that she eats pretty clean (kind of paleo), but that she still eats dairy because she needs it. She grew up with that and feels, that she'll need that to keep strong and going... for treats she loves chocolate. So we gave her a Swiss-Chocolate-Treat...

She at least is the fittest woman on Earth.

Ciao
Old 01-09-2012, 09:56 AM   #15
Steve Liberati

Profile:

I wouldn't try copying my diet or training from an elite athlete with great genetics as his path to success will be completely different from most others. it would be more valuable to find the blueprint for an average athlete turned elite and the tools he/she used to get there.

I'll give you the secret now. Most of those people got there through sheer hard work, discipline, eating clean and countless hours of mastering their skills.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:01 AM   #16
Frances Ballesteros

Profile:

Honestly I don't think diet accounts for much of his success. He ate fast food back in 2010, and he didn't win not because of his diet, but lack of skill work. Graham Holmberg eats yams and potatoes, Mikko Salo eats pasta and used to eat bread as well, and he's a beast.

MILK!!!
Old 01-09-2012, 11:26 AM   #17
Joey Shishineh

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Liberati View Post
I wouldn't try copying my diet or training from an elite athlete with great genetics as his path to success will be completely different from most others. it would be more valuable to find the blueprint for an average athlete turned elite and the tools he/she used to get there.

I'll give you the secret now. Most of those people got there through sheer hard work, discipline, eating clean and countless hours of mastering their skills.
Yes, I couldn't agree more.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:46 AM   #18
Jared Ashley

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew N. Casey View Post
i think the reason you will probably have a hard time finding "the type of diet" the he follows is because he probably doesn't follow one. at his age, activity level, etc, he probably eats whatever he wants whenever he wants and doesn't even keep track of what het eats, how much, or how often. and it probably changes everyday based on what he is in the mood for.
Exactly. Also known as the "see food" diet.

I think most serious athelete's diets are based mostly on getting enough calories, which tends to involve eating a lot of whatever they like that's at least sort of clean, and avoiding an excess of obvious things like alcohol.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:36 PM   #19
Grant Taylor

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme Moore View Post
Old 01-09-2012, 07:12 PM   #20
Chris Mason

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frances Ballesteros View Post
Honestly I don't think diet accounts for much of his success. He ate fast food back in 2010, and he didn't win not because of his diet, but lack of skill work. Graham Holmberg eats yams and potatoes, Mikko Salo eats pasta and used to eat bread as well, and he's a beast.

MILK!!!
99% of all athletes eat some combination of pasta, rice, potatoes and so on. Paleo dieting is not the diet of champions (it certainly can be good for health).