CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 01-02-2006, 10:35 PM   #1
Bret Parkhill

Profile:
Just wanted to introduce myself to the board. I've been doing judo for 20 years and lifting/running to supplement that. Just stumbled onto Crossfit recently and am really digging the concept.

I've got a pretty good size garage with a judo floor in it and some weight equipment. Thanks to this board, I realize I need to get even more stuff:-)

When I figure out how to post pics, I'll upload them and give Eugene a run for his money for coolest home gym:-)
Old 01-03-2006, 03:03 AM   #2
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
You go Bret. If there's stuff to put in a home gym that I don't have I want to know about it. As you do your collecting feel free to drop me a line personally (onthesharpend@msn.com) or here if you prefer so everyone can evesdrop as to where I got things, what I like or don't like, brand preference...whatever. I really like gear...buying gear, talking about buying gear, discussing what gear is best...as a subscriber to the most toys rule I feel compelled to shame even the most compulsive gear collector. So you bring it on...I'll be here.

Oh, and welcome aboard. Firing off a challenge right out of the gate. Way to go.
Old 01-03-2006, 04:38 AM   #3
ersoy kum

Profile:  
any ideas on setting up rope climg set up??- have flimsy looking beams in garage-seiling not very high
Old 01-03-2006, 05:39 AM   #4
Larry Lindenman

Profile:
I was out at the rock climbing wall and sauna!
Old 01-03-2006, 07:19 AM   #5
Bret Parkhill

Profile:
At least I waited until my 2nd post before slapping you with my glove...

I don't think I'll catch you on the gear side anytime soon. You'll flip when you see my space though:-) I'd like to get some horse stall mats but my legs are so sore from a walking lunge, squat, back ext. WOD that I probably couldn't carry them.

I'll create the post in the equipment folder soon. I do have some equipment that I haven't seen posted there before that I think fits into the Crossfit concept.

At the risk of getting moved to equipment, to attach something to flimsy beams just drop a sturdier beam across the flimsy ones, bolt it down and attach to that.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:50 AM   #6
Zach Christensen

Profile:  
Sorry to pig tail on Bret but I'm also new. How do I start a thread? I would also like to introduce myself and ask some questions on nutrition.
thanks
Old 01-03-2006, 10:10 AM   #7
Neal Winkler

Profile:
At the very bottom of the page (not this one but one of the forum pages) there is a "start new thread" link.