CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 12-03-2005, 01:07 PM   #1
Frank DiMeo

Profile:
Recently, Wayne "Scrapper" Fisher walked into our gym, and we will start training together next week. What's interesting is, later that week I head to Miami to train with Mike Mahler, RKC.
I couldn't have set that combo up if I tried.
If I'm not back by Monday, call 911!
Old 12-03-2005, 05:10 PM   #2
David Wood

Profile:

Frank: Get clearance from the instructors, and then post a report (on both) on your experience, (assuming they approve).

I'd love to hear about your sessions with either of those guys. I've met (and trained one-on-one) with Mike before . . . he really focuses on your needs . . . a great trainer, you won't regret the time with him. I'd love to hear what training with Scrapper is like . . . assuming you survive.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:09 AM   #3
Jason Erickson

Profile:
A couple of articles by Scrapper:

http://www.circularstrengthmag.com/18/scrapper1.html

http://www.circularstrengthmag.com/19/scrapper.html

http://www.circularstrengthmag.com/21/scrapper.html

Scrapper has always been great about answering the training questions I've posed him. Very knowledgeable, and his Mod 1 program has been described to me as... relentless.

Good luck! I look forward to reading your training reports!
Old 12-05-2005, 04:05 AM   #4
Sean Mulcahy

Profile:
I found Body by Fish (Scrapper) a few months before I found CrossFit. Bought his DVD and really enjoyed it. Great ideas for unit PT sessions. And I bought the jump rope he uses off his site also ... red and black beaded with some nice weight to it, one of my favorite pieces of training equip.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:24 PM   #5
Wayne "Scrapper" Fisher
Member Wayne

Profile:
I'm in Florida working with my father and we drove by the gym and I saw Frank wearing a Crossfit shirt. The next day we went in and talked with him about training, setting up one of my Basic Training classes out here, etc. Should be fun.

I've also never had a chance to use Kettlebells (since no one in Hawaii has them) but Frank was gratious enough to lend me a 52lb'er. I've been out of the training loop for a while with some personal issues but pulled out 5 sets of 20 American Swings that night. I'll do it again tonite before Frank gets back from training with Mike Mahler and asks for it back. ;)

It'll be great to get back into the swing of things.

Train hard,

SCRAP
Old 12-11-2005, 05:54 PM   #6
David Wood

Profile:

Scrapper:

Welcome to CrossFit! (Everyone deserves a welcome with their first post.)

You'd be a terrific addition to these boards; I hope you'll post your responses to some threads.

I'd also love to hear what you can do with the WOD; I hope you'll try a few and post your results (I'm always looking for a new source to thrash my times).

Again, welcome!
Old 12-12-2005, 04:50 AM   #7
Wayne "Scrapper" Fisher
Member Wayne

Profile:
David,

Thanks for the warm invite! Like I said, I've been out of the commission for a while due to some heavy personal issues (with my son back in Hawaii), so right now I'm sure I'd get my butt kicked by the WOD's.

No worries tho, I'm anxious to get back to being the old evil Scrapper that everyone loves/hates.

With luck, I'll be at the Feb. Crossfit course in Santa Cruz with plans to either work here in Sarasota with Frank or open a facility back in Hawaii.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Keep training hard,

SCRAP
Old 12-12-2005, 10:36 AM   #8
Michael Halbfish

Profile:
Wayne, I think everyone else is probably as excited as me to see you posting here. While I primarily do Crossfit, I have and enjoy your Mod 1. I think it is one of the best programs on the market. Like Dave, I'd love to see how you trash my times.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:05 PM   #9
Brian Nesmith

Profile:
Heaven on earth: Training with the inimitable Scrapper in Hawaii at a Crossfit facility. Just imagine the sweat!

My wife and I have long term plans to try to get back to Maui someday. Except for visiting the Arizona Memorial I never really wanted to get to Oahu till now.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:04 PM   #10
Ralph Garcia

Profile:
Scrapper,
It really is great to see you here, but please, PLEASE don't give Coach any ideas. Just the thought of doing Tabata Boot Strappers brings me enough pain.