CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Injuries
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Injuries Chronic & Acute

Old 07-31-2005, 07:44 AM   #1
TJ Cooper

Profile:
anyone have this problem...i think its somehow related to O-Lifting.
Old 07-31-2005, 10:10 AM   #2
Robert Wolf

Profile:
TJ-

It sounds like brachial plexus impingement....nerves coming out of the neck. OHS seem to be the main culprit in this. You may need to stretch the peck-minor ( lie on a medicine ball with the ball in the center of the back, extend your arms overhead and allow them to hang heavy....opening the chest).

back bridges with wide hand placement can be helpful as well. they still load the shoulders but tend to open the pecs pretty effectively.

If these do not help shoot me an email with your phone #.
Robb
Old 07-31-2005, 12:12 PM   #3
David Birozy

Profile:
I've had the same thing too. In addition to the cervical impingement, could also be at the inside of the elbow where the nerve passes through the cubital tunnel ("funny bone"); or at the wrist. I typically get the wrist thing if I allow my wrist to flex back to a 90 degree angle while lifting or doing push-ups; or if lifting heavy, the bar compresses the pad at the wrist on the pinky side of the hand. Rub your other thumb over the pad - if you feel the shooters, you'll know it!.

Chiropractic, ice, NSAID's, being careful about positioning, avoiding things that make it worse etc., have all been helpful for me. If it's in the wrist, wearing a wrist brace ("****-up" type) at night has also been pretty helpful for me.

Good luck!