CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 06-06-2006, 04:55 AM   #1
Troy Archie

Profile:
This, to me, is what Crossfit is all about:

21-18-15-12-9-6-3 for time of:
200m sandbag run, 34kg (1/2bw)
Thrusters, 31kg

I contemplate over and over about skipping it and leaving it for the next day, making up a thousand excuses as to why I shouldn't do it. It's too late, it's too cold, I'm hungry...I finally bite the bullet, throw on my Crossfit shirt and say, "lets go". I run outside into the cool late afternoon air and get the sandbags ready, picking up the 31kg bag and giving it a thruster or two to feel the weight. Heavy. Almost too heavy and I start thinking about using a lighter rock instead or better yet cutting down the reps to a simple 21-15-9. I decide that I'll just see what happens and might scale it down while doing the WOD if it's obvious that it's going to take me an hour to do. I skip the warm-up, grab my 34kg bag throw it over my shoulders, start my watch and start running. First 200m were pretty good but then came the thrusters. Heavy, just as I had remembered but I kept at them and by about rep 15 of 21 I was gasping for air and wondering who turned up the heat. Warm-up schwarm-up. I keep at it all and stick with the 21-18-15...format telling myself not to be such a *****. The first three rounds are broken up into thirds with some fun little mind games going through my head all the while; 1 more and I've got 12 two thirds of 18, 3 more and I've got 5, which is a third of 15...At rep round 12 I break it up into 8 and 4 reps and start to see stars, hardly shoulder the 34kg afterwards. From here on out everything is unbroken and time becomes a blur. I fall into a meditative trance and all that matters is the numbers, 9-6-3. Shouldering the 34kg bag only gets tougher and during the runs all that's going through my head is, "valuable seconds, valuable seconds." Last 100m and regardless of the fact that it's dam cold out, I'm dripping with sweat. Last 3 reps done and I run over to my watch to see 22:48. I lay down on the cold concrete gasping for air, bringing myself back to reality and refocussing on what's around me and where I am. I haven't laid down after a WOD in a while but all I could think of was a post on the message board of bringing yourself to a quick state of relaxation. "Where's my espresso?" I wonder. I finish it all off by watching the sunset dip into the south pacific, with espresso in hand. And to think, I was going to skip this one...
Time 22:48
Old 06-06-2006, 09:17 PM   #2
Ian Carver

Profile:
Troy- *****in' workout! I saw your post and blog spot. You are kickin ***! I'll check back from time to time and travel vicariously through you. Keep it up and enjoy your travels and workouts.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:55 PM   #3
Jacob Tsypkin

Profile:
Holy....crap. That's sick. Great job!