CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 07-17-2006, 08:16 AM   #1
Michael Leach

Profile:
I just placed an order for the current model D rower with a PM3 monitor. w00t!!!!111

not sure if everyone knows, but theres some changes being made to the current model D rower and its expected to ship around September 1st. the new model E rower also comes out then as well as the PM4 monitor.

the PM4 seems to be overkill for me (+$200), as well as the model E rower (+$200). as for the changes to the model D, it appears to be a different color scheme (new is grey vs current blue), different stickers, it comes-apart/goes-back-together easier and the area where you put your feet looks to be different. i'd prefer to have the 'latest and greatest', but i cant wait anymore!

also, the representative i spoke to said they will probably be running out of the current model D's soon and anyone ordering after that will have to wait until the new D's start shipping out (which is expected on september 1st, but not set in stone).

i got a rower! i got a rower! i got a rower! ;)
Old 07-17-2006, 10:10 AM   #2
Eugene R. Allen

Profile:
I have set aside some money to get another rower and am eager to hear what you have to say about the D model over the C. The E doesn't really interest me, all that extra money can be better spent elsewhere, and I agree with you about the monitor. I've heard it is a bit more complicated and since it has to boot up because of the programs it has inside, it is slower to reset which is a problem for a fast paced CF workout. I am particularly interested in the "feel" of the rower. Is it smoother, does the chain retract more quickly, does the "quieter" fan make a lick of difference to you...tell me if the D is really all that over a C so I can have a better informed decision over getting two more C's or a D.
Old 07-17-2006, 12:39 PM   #3
Clay Jones

Profile:

Congrats on the purchase. I bought one a while back so I could dump my worthless gym membership, and haven't looked back.

Old 07-17-2006, 01:00 PM   #4
Michael Leach

Profile:
i wish i could offer some useful insight on the D vs a C, but i honestly haven't even used a rower since i was a member at the Y a few years ago... ;-)

i had been looking out for a C, but the ones i'd found were going to set me back $500-650 and had PM2 monitors. i'd go $400-500 (shipped or pickup) for a C with a PM3, but I'm not going to spend over $500 and then spend more money on a PM3...

shoot, i've even seen used model Ds sell for more than new on ebay once you figure in shipping. i paid 850 new + 40 shipping and most people on ebay are trying to get $100-150 (even more a couple times) for shipping. bah!

oh yeah, the lady put a "rush" on it when i placed the order and i've already received a tracking # from fedex and its due for delivery on thursday. w00t!!!