CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Pukie's Bucket
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pukie's Bucket Bogus threads, trolls, and other malarkey

Old 11-30-2009, 08:12 AM   #1
Brian Yates

Profile:
Spam

Hello all,

My name is Brian Yates, and I am located in Southern WV. A friend of mine recently opened a Crossfit Gym in Oak Hill, WV and she wanted a pullup bar. It is similar in design to the bars offered by Rogue, but much more affordable. The price difference is mostly due to the shipping cost being eliminated and paint instead of powder coated. It is 100% Tig welded, 6' wide, 9' tall(pullup bar height is 8') and 18' long. If any of you want something like this, or perhaps a custom installation for your gym, give me a call. I am AWS certified and will deliver within a 5-6 hour drive. visit my website for more info spammer.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	crossfit bar 2.jpg
Views:	725
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	5489  Click image for larger version

Name:	crossfit bar 1.jpg
Views:	1370
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	5490  

Old 01-10-2010, 08:24 AM   #2
Brian Yates

Profile:
New pullup bar design

I just recently delivered a pullup system to a customer in Pittsburgh. It is similar in concept to a Rogue P-3 bar, in that you buy the brackets and supply pipe of whatever length you choose, which gives good flexibility in setting up a new gym. But the similarities end there. This design is a wall/floor mounted, not strictly wall mounted like the P-3, so it is much more rugged, ideal if your wall material [brick/block] won't support the cantilevered arrangement of the P-3 bracket. Also, the clamping block for the pullup bar is bored out of a solid 2" block of steel, not a hollow tube. This is by no means a slight against the P-3 system, which is an excellent product. My design is also a bit more expensive than the P-3, but I feel it is a much more sturdy and stable design. I have attached a CAD sketch and a couple photos of the finished design. When it is installed, hopefully you can see pictures of that and hear some reviews from the people who use it. -Brian
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	staab pullup bar sketch.JPG
Views:	794
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	5670  Click image for larger version

Name:	Pullup bar close up.jpg
Views:	886
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	5671  Click image for larger version

Name:	Pullup bar close up 2.jpg
Views:	751
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	5672  

Old 02-24-2010, 05:01 AM   #3
Brian Yates

Profile:
CrossFit Kids weight bar concept

I've been developing some ideas for equipment, and I thought the folks with a CrossFit Kids program would be into this. It's a weight bar, styled after the old timey dumbells, but the weights at the end are made of hollow sheet metal. That way, it looks like the kid is lifting a huge weight, but it would only be about 5-10 pounds. If any of you are interested, let me know what size and weight you would need, and I'll come up with a price and shipping cost. Thanks, -Brian Yates
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	kids weight bar.JPG
Views:	459
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	5872  

Old 03-24-2010, 05:23 AM   #4
Brian Yates

Profile:
custom conversion for Rogue style pullup cage

I have built a couple pullup cages, similar to the ones offerded by Rogue. Recently, a customer asked for a retrofit to allow the bar to be lowered for shorter users. I have developed a bolt on kit that would allow you to lower the height of the bar. The distance the bar is lowered is up to you, distances of 4" to 10" or more are not a problem. The height is adjusted quickly and easily by one person and a wrench or cordless drill with socket attachment, or even more easily by two people. Again, this is a bolt on retrofit, requiring no additional welding, painting, or any alteration to your existing rig. If anyone is interested, send me a PM on this site, or email at [Link deleted-violation of AUP