CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 10-09-2011, 03:02 PM   #2291
Erin Davidson

Profile:
Re: The Erin Experiment

Haha, we should bring the boards back... especially for the more hardcore ramp up season to actually competing. I'll see if I can make it happen.

How bout starting today?

Sunday, 10/9/11

In the middle of Oly training right now. Weighing in at 135lbs. after breakfast and I'm trying to cut down a weight class to 127.6lbs. so this is good. It's also good that lately I've been making a lot of the same lifts that I made last time around when I walked around at about 139lbs. It's the little things, people.

Today I clean and jerked and was supposed to back squat, but had no time and felt a little spent from my "I train every day no matter what to some degree" programming - so no back squatting today or yesterday.

I clean and jerked up to 140lbs. using the men's bar (not typical - it's been a while since I've used that). I missed 145lbs. a few times but not for lack of learning a little while I did it. I could have stood up under the third try but had no time to make it. All in all, I feel good about today. I'm glad I got to train - and it was nice to see so many of my favorites in the Oly Basement today: Jen Darley, Rach Baratz, Elie Dworkin, Todd and Melanie, and of course, the ever-present Jim Rutter.

Also, I napped for 2 hours. Boom.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:29 PM   #2292
Erin Davidson

Profile:

And here we are - practically forever later.

11/21/11 - MONDAY

Back hurt from last week (REALLY HEAVY and sorta HIGH VOLUME week) - but I have one more week of "go" and one more week of deload (and cutting... FML) and then the American Open. And then, that's that. Maybe I'll go back to doing burpees... we shall see.

The past week I had a few PRs:

Front Squat 200lbs.
Worked back up to a relatively easy 55kg and 73kg clean and jerk. (not PRs but the best I've done since the last mini-disaster of a competition).
Back Squat 235lbs.
Snatch Pulls were a mental PR - I feel like the scoop I feel for the clean I now feel for the snatch - it's different, but it's there. WIN. I've also discovered that it helps to take SOME of my warm-up sets WITH straps and some without (usually straps first, then none).

Getting strong(er) is UNDENIABLY fun.

In other news - the back felt better today, especially after spending some time lax balling my glutes and 90/90 off the boxing my hips (need to include the box version more often for everyone - hits the tfl/piriformis region really well).

Worked up to 52.5kg at about 10pm for a single after teaching a bunch of classes. Weighing in around 136lbs. right now - still coming off of being sputtery sick too... trying to fix this with a humidifier soon. Still taking Nyquil nightly to sleep through the night (terrible, I know - but that's where I'm at on my ability to breathe).

Funnily enough, even though I'm still hurting... I feel like my massage on Wednesday will make all things better and I'm not afraid at all to train tomorrow.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:33 AM   #2293
Jack R Herrmann

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin Davidson View Post
The past week I had a few PRs:

Front Squat 200lbs.
Worked back up to a relatively easy 55kg and 73kg clean and jerk. (not PRs but the best I've done since the last mini-disaster of a competition).
Back Squat 235lbs.
Snatch Pulls were a mental PR - I feel like the scoop I feel for the clean I now feel for the snatch - it's different, but it's there. WIN. I've also discovered that it helps to take SOME of my warm-up sets WITH straps and some without (usually straps first, then none).
nice work bad *ss
Old 11-22-2011, 09:48 PM   #2294
Erin Davidson

Profile:

Thanks, Jack.

Tuesday, 11/22/11

Sigh, back hurting all day. Not fun. Stayed at home to do some organizing, iced, drank broth for the sputtery cough.

Trained at 730pm (back was feeling a little better... spent about 20 minutes doing mobility stuff) - snatched up to 51kg (and then started to fail).

Stopped cause I don't want to make it worse and I was definitely feeling weak of the floor ("back tight, big pull" doesn't work when you can't get the first part right unfortunately).

Really struggling with what to do. Yesterday I snatched up to what I had previously done and that was just power snatching. Today I was trying to the squat snatch out. The trouble is now I'm not moving the same cause I'm kind of scared - and I feel like you have to be sorta fearless to do the Olympic Lifts.... and I feel like it's easier to be fearless when you're not injured.

Oy vey. I guess I'll sleep on it. Massage in the morning, heading to Moorestown to train at 1pm (if I can).

Weight: still waking up at 136lbs. Hard cut starts Thursday. Just trying to maintain some sanity and that weight until then.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:26 PM   #2295
Erin Davidson

Profile:

Not that I'm any good at keeping this thing going...

But I've decided not to compete in the American Open mainly because of:

1. Costs.
2. Responsibilities to the gym (uhhh MY JOB)
3. Cutting weight quickly is not fun and not functional.
4. Nothing in Alabama is going to help me drastically much to become better at Oly Lifting.
5. NOT going to Alabama doesn't mean I can't still compete here, train, and become better.
6. Lastly, I had thought I'd be going to India on the 16th but it turns out that's not happening either - if I was going away that would have meant more money (that's the only reason I list it )

Now to evaluate what training will look like after this.

I'm really not sure. I know that I want to be stronger. I guess if I were to redefine my goals I'd want to see the following:

1. Walking around at about 131-2lbs. (so SLIGHTLY lighter than I currently am) - strategy for doing this is what I'm really on the fence about).

2. Be stronger, Back Squat 250, Front Squat 225.

3. Be faster (possibly mess around with 400m, 200m Runs and Rows), Snatch 130lbs again, Clean and Jerk 175lbs.

4. Not get stressed about any of this while CFCC goes through another string of changes - oh boy. Yup. More changes.

5. Find a place I can do YOGA once a week - more for my mind than my flexibility - say what you will. My brain needs REST.

6. Feel that I can support my staff, my newest athletes, and my elite athletes - in that order but really, it always feels like they all need the same amount of attention-paying.

Snatched up to 51.5kg, Cleaned up to 61.5kg (there weren't a lot of plates available today and then I had to run errands) - Felt sticky after not training for a few days. Possibly doing some front squatting, etc. tonight.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:09 PM   #2296
David Wisniewski

Profile:  

Quote:

4. Not get stressed about any of this while CFCC goes through another string of changes - oh boy. Yup. More changes.
REO Speedwagon said it best, "you got to roll with the changes". (WFS)

Looking forward to see what new things CFCC has cooking.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:07 AM   #2297
Jack R Herrmann

Profile:

Quote:
5. Find a place I can do YOGA once a week - more for my mind than my flexibility - say what you will. My brain needs REST.
awesome place on 15th and sansom for hot Bikram

http://www.bikramphilly.com/

get ready to sweat
Old 11-30-2011, 08:28 PM   #2298
Erin Davidson

Profile:

I don't like sweating when I do YOGA - I do that ENOUGH!

Anusara with Meghan - 1 and 1/2 hours. Good stuff. Back still feels a little tender.

Power snatched up to 52kg in 50 minutes before that. Failed at 53kg today but I didn't even finish the pull a little - that's just DUMB.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:16 AM   #2299
Erin Davidson

Profile:

Thursday, Nutts. Oh man, what a TERRIBLE idea... 53 double unders in 30 minutes. The Wallballs were 5 at a time and sometimes 7 and 10. In the future I need to just understand that 6 and 7 and 8 and 9 and 10 will hurt, but then they are done... and that is better than not done.

All that said, I'm still WRECKED from Nutts. That's what I get.

Friday I did Yoga around the corner from the gym. I'm pretty sure the instructor felt sorry for me. I'm pretty sure Tim Heckman was snickering at me under his breath.

Saturday, I coached a lot and then got REALLY hungry.

Sunday, I snatched a bit - doubles up to 103. Nothing crazy. And then all day long my right armpit hurt... so I'm gonna leave overhead stuff alone for a little while. I may just back squat today. (Monday)
Old 12-06-2011, 04:53 PM   #2300
Erin Davidson

Profile:

Monday.

Restey rest. My armpit hurts. Should have squatted. oooooooh well. In other news, Arrus made FABULOUS tacos.

Tuesday.

Clean and Jerk up to 64kg (Jim watched and then had to go and I don't like being down there alone - just in case I faint under a clean. Heh.

Strict Muscle-up attempts (almost - but I'm definitely still sore from "Nutts" and my pull through is just not there) - previous PR is 2.

Front Squat - up to a triple with 165 - should/could have followed that up with a triple at 175. Definitely could have made it and that would make more sense giving my new max at 200. Will have to remember that in the future when I'm just squatting quickly.

As an added plus on the FS though... no belt. Definitely weird.