CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout of the Day
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout of the Day Questions & performance regarding CrossFit's WOD

Old 02-02-2006, 01:14 AM   #1
Clayton Dupras

Profile:  
Now that I've been training with the WOD for a few months, I want to establish some baseline scores for the "Girls." My idea is to start with "Angie" and continue down the list until I have completed them all. The schedule I'm thinking of would be to complete one benchmark every other day rather than performing the WOD.

Any suggestions or advice?

-Clay
Old 02-02-2006, 05:42 AM   #2
Robby Beauchamp

Profile:
I would probably just let them come naturally through the WOD rotations. It's rare that you get more than a month or 2 between most of the benchmark WODs, and the benchmark girls tend to be TOUGH if you give them 100%. You could end up overtraining pretty easily if you're giving 100% intensity to the girls that often and don't have diet and recovery dialed in perfectly.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:20 AM   #3
Larry Lindenman

Profile:
If your commited to this program, your going to be doing this for a really long time. Let them come up naturally, no need to rush this stuff.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:21 AM   #4
Mathew F. Bunch

Profile:
i agree-you'll rotate through most of the girls at some point in the next couple of months. i've been at it six months and there are some i haven't seen, but the ones i have keep me pretty well occupied
Old 02-02-2006, 10:00 AM   #5
James R. Climer

Profile:
Clayton -

I'm inclined to think that this idea will be valuable to you when each of the girls comes up again from a mainly mental standpoint that you have 'seen this before' attitude and serve as a guidelight to aim at while in the fog of battle; You will be able to use the initial experience to give you a strategy the next times they come around.

For myself, (I am thinking of doing this too), I might just take 2 days off between. Shortly after completing the WOD, do a good debrief in your journal notes about how it felt, what was different from your expectations, (i.e., looked WAY easier on paper), and how you would do it different next time, maybe something like pacing early on will result in a greater power output overall rather than sprinting out of the gates and losing time gasping on the floor midway through. Good Luck whatever you decide.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:57 PM   #6
John Messano

Profile:
some of the named WODS: Cindy, Fran, Linda have been appearing about once a month.

Diane, Elizabeth, Helen, Lynne and Murph are about every 45 days.

the others, like Angie, Barabara, Chelsea, Kelly, JT, Michael - are inserted more randomly and less often.

I'd attack the WODs that appear less often.

Good Luck!
Old 02-02-2006, 01:30 PM   #7
Clayton Dupras

Profile:  
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. The WOD is working well for me so I'll just be patient and wait for the pain Rx to come on its own.

Cheers,

Clay
Old 02-02-2006, 01:54 PM   #8
Dave Rounsevelle

Profile:

I find it a little humorous that when Fran is the WOD, that so many posts and so many times under 4 and even under 3 minutes. I think that this the most popular of the "girls". I don't think you'll find as many outstanding times in the other "girls" WOD. And, shouldn't you work all of them and not just be lurking for Fran?? To me, the workouts that are the most difficult for "you" are the ones you should concentrate on.
Work on "your weaknesses".