CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 12-27-2008, 09:47 PM   #1
Carina Ricciardi

Profile:
enough

So been zonin/paleo for a while now. Been thinking of giving up the weighing and measuring...too strict and crazy? swapping it for just paleo. my goals are just to be fit,thin, healthy and happy. Thoughts and experiences?
Old 12-28-2008, 01:00 AM   #2
Kevin Perry

Profile:
Re: enough

Do it and find what works for you.

Zone is too much measuring and counting for my liking. Takes the fun out of eating.

Works for some well disciplined individuals, breaks down others.

You need to ifnd what works for you and makes your life easier.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:50 AM   #3
Dylan Miley

Profile:

Yeah when you think about it, it's ridiculous to constantly "count" what you're eating, whether it be calories or what they call "blocks".

Just eat properly and exercise, you'll be fine.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:21 AM   #4
Camille Lore

Profile:  

Didn't you just develop a knack for the amounts after awhile? I've found my "guesses" are still pretty spot on for measuring.
Here's my experience after quitting the zone- first I aimed to eat more calories. My performance went through the roof. Then I caught several viruses and gained some weight. Now.... I am considering going back to the zone simply because I know I am not eating enough fruits and vegetables. At least the zone made me eat a lot of them. I've eaten mostly paleo and haven't experienced the fat loss I did with the zone. Then again, I haven't experienced the crashing either unless I didn't eat enough. I do have a hard time eating enough without tracking my food.
Just my experience.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:47 AM   #5
Alicia Michel

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carina Ricciardi View Post
So been zonin/paleo for a while now. Been thinking of giving up the weighing and measuring...too strict and crazy? swapping it for just paleo. my goals are just to be fit,thin, healthy and happy. Thoughts and experiences?
If you want to improve performance or tweak things then WAM will most likely be important. If I remember right, Nicole in her nutritional videos has talked about Zone and people getting a buzz and fantastic performance when they've got their blocked dialled in... and also how only the really dedicated athletes can stand WAMing everything.

But since your goals are to be fit, thin, healthy and happy, and WAM is not helping you achieve those goals, then just Paleo is fine.

There was a period of time I WAMed everything. Now it drives me crazy and I do it just once in a while to check and adjust my caloric intake and macronutrients.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:13 AM   #6
Robert Wolf

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carina Ricciardi View Post
If you eat "meat. veggies, nuts & seeds, etc" you get 90% o9f the benefit with 10% of the hassle. You will love it.
Old 12-29-2008, 09:23 AM   #7
James Compora

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Wolf View Post
If you eat "meat. veggies, nuts & seeds, etc" you get 90% o9f the benefit with 10% of the hassle. You will love it.
I measured for like 2 weeks. Got the main idea of portion sizes and stopped. I like it that way. When i cook in advance though, i measure it out in blocks since i only have to do it 1 day of the week
Old 12-29-2008, 06:15 PM   #8
Carina Ricciardi

Profile:

Thanks guys, Its funny visiting home for the holidays I think I was stressing with no food scale and it made me feel crazy. I think I do know my proportions better than I think. The input is great