CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 10-20-2008, 01:37 PM   #1
Brian Thompson

Profile:
Purchased Rope what is best way to hang.

I just purchased some 1 1/2" Manila rope from http://motors.shop.ebay.com/merchant...ed_W0QQ_ipgZ25.

I wanted to hang it from the ceiling where my basement stairs go down to the basement. This is a very open area and would give me about a 20 foot climb. I need to know the best way to mount it for climbing. I would also need links where to purchase whatever is recommended. The rope will be delivered on 10/22 so I would like to get something ordered pretty quick.
Old 10-26-2008, 10:15 AM   #2
Morgan Guthner

Profile:
Re: Purchased Rope what is best way to hang.

Easiest way would be to throw is over a board, tree, whatever and tie a knot. I had a loop spliced into one end (whipped the other end for cosmetics).
Old 10-26-2008, 11:04 AM   #3
Derek Maffett

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Thompson View Post
Purchased Rope what is best way to hang.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Guthner View Post
Easiest way would be to throw is over a board, tree, whatever and tie a knot. I had a loop spliced into one end (whipped the other end for cosmetics).
I don't think I'm being too silly when I say that this exchange is pretty much hilarious right now.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:20 AM   #4
Brian Thompson

Profile:

I am hanging this from the ceiling joist to start with until I get better a climbing. Then I plan to hang from the ceiling where my basement stairs are giving me at least a 20 ft climb from bottom of stairs to ceiling.

1. How should I hang from ceiling joist. I don't have the ability to run it over the top because it buts right up against the floor. So should I drill a 2 inch hole in the joist and do it that way. Or Should I go for another method of say a 2 inch eye hook.

2. Once I am able to climb good enough what is the best way to mount the rope to the ceiling for climbing. Any advice I can get would be great.