CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 06-16-2015, 12:39 AM   #11
Dare Vodusek

Profile:
Re: The Rapid Fat Loss Diet - My Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Sirakos View Post
Yep, I know it isn't perfect but it should at least give me a good enough approximation.
Thats fine. Do you know your numbers before/after the diet? I just wonder what your genetics were/are. In mm, body fat on bicep, tricep, abdominal, subscapular and suprailiac.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:00 AM   #12
Luke Sirakos

Profile:

That is my one regret from this diet, not doing a bunch of before measurements. I didn't have any calipers until just recently so I wasn't able to do a before, just had to go based on a visual estimation.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:07 AM   #13
Dare Vodusek

Profile:

That is fine, I am only interested in body fat distribution across body parts.
Old 06-16-2015, 12:45 PM   #14
Kerry Kubla

Profile:

Congrats Luke, That is awesome sounds like it worked out great and you managed to drop a ton of weight without suffering much in your workouts.

I know your thinking that this is only a short term way of eating, however if you become accustomed to zero sugar intake and only fibrous carbs you can really stay on this way of eating forever. Maybe try to experiment with upping your fat intake if your feeling sluggish or drained rather than going back to loading on a bunch of starchy carbs, along with increasing salt consumption a little if feeling dehydrated.

I only recommend from my personnel experience and have been living Keto fat-adaptive for well over a year now. I have never felt better in over 40 years and continue to make solid strength gains and endurance while keeping my body fat % to a minimum.
Old 06-16-2015, 01:09 PM   #15
Luke Sirakos

Profile:

Thanks Kerry.

And no offense but there is no way I would ever consider a ketogenic diet, the fact that this diet put me in ketosis was a by product rather than a goal and I do not see the benefit in it (plus I love carbs and they do not negatively affect my body composition or energy levels). Also, I don't know how you can stand that funky breath that accompanies ketosis, that was awful.
Old 06-16-2015, 06:43 PM   #16
John Drohan

Profile:

Interesting diet plan. You wouldn't happen to have before/after photos? Asking for a friend...

All kidding aside, I am curious about the results visually to see how drastic a change can be accomplished in only 3 weeks.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:40 PM   #17
Luke Sirakos

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Drohan View Post
Interesting diet plan. You wouldn't happen to have before/after photos? Asking for a friend...

All kidding aside, I am curious about the results visually to see how drastic a change can be accomplished in only 3 weeks.
I did take a before and after shot but to be honest I don't think it does the progress justice. The lighting combined with my pale skin and chest hair make it a bit difficult to see the definition changes. Also, the weight loss was fairly well distributed. I notice my arms, shoulders, legs, etc all have much more definition now. I am certainly not completely satisfied, I would like to lose 10 more lbs or so but I'm not in as big of a rush to do this again (plus at my current bf % I can only do it for 11 days). I am however satisfied with the results from just three weeks of dieting, I don't want to confuse that point.