CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > In Sickness and In Health > Health and Medical Issues
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Health and Medical Issues For other than injuries

Old 06-11-2013, 04:06 AM   #51
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:
Re: Bowed Legs

http://health.nytimes.com/health/guides/disease/bowlegs WFS

If your knees tough you are fine. If not, sounds like arthritis could be the culprit
Old 06-11-2013, 09:41 AM   #52
Bill M. Hesse

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley James Thompson View Post
To draw a parallel between an obvious injury and a nagging problem is irrational.

Randomness is irrational. It's obviously not random. To claim that pain in a specific place is random, and that that place is random, is about as irrational a thing as could be thought by any person, adult, child, or in-between. Pain occurs for a reason.

And questions are not answers/excuses, but on the internets, particularly on this forum, people seem to think that if you ask a question you're attacking their intellect/credientials/etc or making excuses, rather than trying to understand.
To clarify, I have said this before:

Thousands of people post hear and I can really count on just one hand the number of non-troll posts where people called the forum out and claimed we were just a bunch of pompus, insensitive know-it-alls who think we or others are beyond reproach.

So here is a question. Are the 3 of them that I can recall right and the thousands of happy users deluded or wrong??
Old 06-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #53
Dustin Wintczak

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley James Thompson View Post
To draw a parallel between an obvious injury and a nagging problem is irrational.

Randomness is irrational. It's obviously not random. To claim that pain in a specific place is random, and that that place is random, is about as irrational a thing as could be thought by any person, adult, child, or in-between. Pain occurs for a reason.

And questions are not answers/excuses, but on the internets, particularly on this forum, people seem to think that if you ask a question you're attacking their intellect/credientials/etc or making excuses, rather than trying to understand.
Ok why not........

The point of that little story I told? You missed it entirely.

I was trying to show you the similarities in the way you're going about responding to all the folks who are trying to help you. In my...well lets call it an allegory...my daugther refuses to or does not understand the very simple logical deductions I'm asking her to make.

Me: "Bandaids are for when things are bleeding, are you bleeding?"

D: "No"

At this point she should conclude "I don't need a bandaid". She doesn't and simply asks for a bandaid again because:

a) she really wants a bandaid
b) she wasn't really listening, just waiting for me to stop talking so she can either come up with an excuse or some other reason that doesn't actually exist in reality to have a bandaid.

However since she's 4, I'll give her a pass for another year or so.

You still may be asking, "how does this apply to me?". Well in this case you've described your pain/problem. So you're my daughter in our example, kind of weird I know but bear with me.

The forum members are represented by me in the example.

You in so many words you say, X hurts or Y hurts for whatever the reason. We(forum members) acting reasonably and thinking logically try to offer possible solutions or suggestions. You, in most cases respond with an excuse as to why you can't do what is asked or that you've tried remedy A or B. At which point we (acting as a rational parent would) give more perfectly logical suggestions. Each of which is either dimissed or made excuses for why you can't or won't try.

We inevitably end up back at square one, much like I do with my daughter, with you "asking for a bandaid" again.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:00 PM   #54
Chris Jones

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin Wintczak View Post
Ok why not........

The point of that little story I told? You missed it entirely.

I was trying to show you the similarities in the way you're going about responding to all the folks who are trying to help you. In my...well lets call it an allegory...my daugther refuses to or does not understand the very simple logical deductions I'm asking her to make.

Me: "Bandaids are for when things are bleeding, are you bleeding?"

D: "No"

At this point she should conclude "I don't need a bandaid". She doesn't and simply asks for a bandaid again because:

a) she really wants a bandaid
b) she wasn't really listening, just waiting for me to stop talking so she can either come up with an excuse or some other reason that doesn't actually exist in reality to have a bandaid.

However since she's 4, I'll give her a pass for another year or so.

You still may be asking, "how does this apply to me?". Well in this case you've described your pain/problem. So you're my daughter in our example, kind of weird I know but bear with me.

The forum members are represented by me in the example.

You in so many words you say, X hurts or Y hurts for whatever the reason. We(forum members) acting reasonably and thinking logically try to offer possible solutions or suggestions. You, in most cases respond with an excuse as to why you can't do what is asked or that you've tried remedy A or B. At which point we (acting as a rational parent would) give more perfectly logical suggestions. Each of which is either dimissed or made excuses for why you can't or won't try.

We inevitably end up back at square one, much like I do with my daughter, with you "asking for a bandaid" again.