CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 10-11-2008, 05:00 PM   #51
Alicia Michel

Profile:
Re: My Amazing Cheat Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna Rettenmayer View Post
Who is Mike OD? Pardon my ignorance....
Mike O'Donnell

Scott Kustes also has a good series on what happens to your body when you fast at http://www.modernforager.com/blog/20...gy-production/ (WFS)
Old 10-11-2008, 05:02 PM   #52
Jenna Dodge

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Zhuang View Post
Mike O'Donnell

Scott Kustes also has a good series on what happens to your body when you fast at http://www.modernforager.com/blog/20...gy-production/ (WFS)
Ah, okay, thank you! And now I see he posts at IFlife. Cool.
Old 10-11-2008, 05:08 PM   #53
Alicia Michel

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina Johnson View Post
Amazing how everyones body reacts so differently to carbs !

I'm spontaneous, I play it by ear. If there's a birthday coming up or some sort of occasion, situation where they'll be 'bad 'food, you better believe I'm gonna enjoy it. I also look foward to stopping at Dunkin Donuts every Sun. before tennis for a couple of my fav donuts. (I pass it on the way to the courts.) Donuts make me SO happy, sadly. Oh, and no Mc Donalds for me either. Not sure why.... I've wolfed down much worse garbage...funnel cakes, cotton candy. The list is endless.
and yet you have your six-pack
waaaaaaaaaah
http://www.clipartof.com/images/emot...bbing_eyes.gif
http://www.clipartof.com/images/emot...53_wailing.gif
Old 10-11-2008, 05:10 PM   #54
Jon Clingenpeel

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Izzo View Post
Wow. So today I allowed myself a cheat day after 3 weeks of clean eating (85% paleo). So far, this is what I've had today:
2 pieces of fudge, almond butter, cottage cheese, handful chocolate covered almonds, homemade apple-pumpkin butter, salad w/ salmon olive oil vinegar, piece of chocolate fudge cake, 1.5 pancakes with whipped cream butter and strawberries, butterfinger candies, 1 sm reese's cub, 1/2 small chocolate chip cookie, 3 squares mint filled dark chocolate.

I feel like a glutton! Haha. I was gonna go for some ice cream later, but perhaps I should refrain ...

tomorrow it's back to clean eating for 2 weeks, and then a cheat MEAL not a cheat day
I can understand why everything else is considered a cheat, but why the salmon salad? I'm a vegatarian (moral and ethical reasons), I wouldn't eat the salmon salad, but its not procesed or is sugary and I figured for meat eaters that would be ok. Thanks
Old 10-11-2008, 07:40 PM   #55
Silke Motschiedler

Profile:

I have to say this is my fave thread!
I had a big cheat day on Thursday! I felt I was hitting the wall, cranky, without energy and absolute brain dead. I figured it must have been a combination zoning for 3 weeks, CFing almost 2/day, work and final exams around the corner. Hence, I allowed myself unlimited amount of my fave food! NUTS!!!
Problem, I couldnt stop - so I ended up going real nuts, mac - almonds- pecans - cashews. I prob smashed about 600g - felt pretty bad after wards but when I saw the cheat day thread - I was kinda relieved that I am not the only out there

So this is a thank you to all of you who saved me the next morning from not feeling too bad after breaking the zone and having gone nuts

Old 10-11-2008, 07:49 PM   #56
Sarena Kopciel

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna Rettenmayer View Post
Who is Mike OD? Pardon my ignorance....
www.theiflife.com
wfs
Old 10-11-2008, 08:27 PM   #57
Jason David

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Clingenpeel View Post
I can understand why everything else is considered a cheat, but why the salmon salad? I'm a vegatarian (moral and ethical reasons), I wouldn't eat the salmon salad, but its not procesed or is sugary and I figured for meat eaters that would be ok. Thanks
I think you mean 'personal' reasons here...
Old 10-11-2008, 08:35 PM   #58
Rachel Izzo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Clingenpeel View Post
That wasn't counted in the cheats, that list was just my whole day of food.

Today I suppose I had a slight cheat: 2 slices of my mom's home made pizza. I was home from college and damn it looked so good! I figured it was ok, though, because I do low carb during the week and figured I should have a bit more carbs on the weekends. Ah well. Figured it was actually pretty balanced, though -- 2 slices, salad, and meat. Not a great choice, but definitely not a binge like last week
Old 10-11-2008, 10:37 PM   #59
Alicia Michel

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silke Motschiedler View Post
I had a big cheat day on Thursday! I felt I was hitting the wall, cranky, without energy and absolute brain dead. I figured it must have been a combination zoning for 3 weeks, CFing almost 2/day, work and final exams around the corner. Hence, I allowed myself unlimited amount of my fave food! NUTS!!!
Problem, I couldnt stop - so I ended up going real nuts, mac - almonds- pecans - cashews. I prob smashed about 600g - felt pretty bad after wards but when I saw the cheat day thread - I was kinda relieved that I am not the only out there
LOL I know! Mine are in November (Perth) and I get even more cranky when everyone around me in the library is stuffing potato chips and chocolate into their mouths!

At least you "cheated" on good fats. I wouldn't even really call that a cheat!
Old 10-11-2008, 10:45 PM   #60
Joe Bernard

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silke Motschiedler View Post

So this is a thank you to all of you who saved me the next morning from not feeling too bad after breaking the zone and having gone nuts

Dude, that was a pretty good cheat. Now me on the other hand, last weekend I had 3 pints of ice cream (2 cookie dough and 1 vanilla) after dinner. The ice cream alone was 2k calories and my total for the day was 4.2k, it was insane lol. Today I had a good cheat: an entire rotisserie chicken and some BBQ sauce in one sitting...and that only kept me full for four hours