CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 09-19-2009, 10:27 AM   #1
Darby Buchanan

Profile:
WOD clarification/ getting started

Hello all! I am getting geared up to try this CF training. However, I need clarification on the WOD section. I know that the website states go to the Main page and pick the center section with the date and that is the WOD.

So question 1 is: do you pick any of these WOD post or is there a particular section called WOD that I seem to be missing?

Question2:

Are there any pre-determined beginner workouts to follow or do you design your own etc. e.g. certain exercises to start day 1 (squats, uppright rows etc.) then day 2 (hanging cleans, burpees, etc) another set of particular exercises and so on.

I thank any of you in advance for any information you can provide to help get me started on the right path and I look forward to a great learning experience from all of you as I start training.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:35 AM   #2
Shane Skowron

Profile:
Re: WOD clarification/ getting started

#1 - you just pick the workout from the current day. A new workout is posted three days in a row with one day rest.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:17 PM   #3
Eric Montgomery

Profile:

Follow the WOD for that particular day rather than making your own stuff up. While WODs may appear to be random, there is actually a lot of thought that goes into programming individual WODs, 3 day cycles, and successive cycles.

If you're a beginner, check out BrandX's scaled WODs for each day (WFS). If you're not familiar with any of the exercises, watch all the videos you can off the Exercises and Demos page and start with minimal weight--PVC pipe or empty bar til you get your form down. Or preferably, visit an affiliate or find someone who can help teach you.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:05 PM   #4
Darby Buchanan

Profile:

Thanks for your help, both of you.

Thanks again